Need some suggestions....

Magus

:
Madza3 2005 5-speed
I have a P5 02 and thinking about getting Tokico Illumina's. I was wondering what would be a good matching set of springs to go with it. I do not need the car be be ultra slammed, but want the Illumina's to work the best they can. Also would I need the AWR adjustable endlinks if I have a Progress 22mm Rear Sway bar?

Magus

Illuminas can be adjusted to properly damp practically any aftermarket spring set. Since you decided on Illuminas already, the type of driving you do, the desired tradeoff between performance and comfort, and the desired drop should determine the spring set you get.

I hear the eibach pro kit is a good match. See my thread a few down (KYB GR-2's) for a pretty cheap set of illuminas.

JoshP5,
I use this car for daily driving to work, I drive long distance to Baltimore for Class, and I am thinking of getting into AutoX. I would like to of course lower the center of gravity for better handling and get rid of wheel gap. I have a 2" wheel gap and figure a 1.5" drop would seem reasonable. I am also looking for springs designed with the P5 in mind (not Mp3 or MPS springs).

Magus

The spring rates on the Tokico handling kit are pretty good for your purposes, but I've seen photos and they leave the rear of a P5 a little low.

You'll probably do well with Tein S-Tech. They're made specifically for the P5, they're linear rate, and Tein is a reputable company.

Check other options on the spring buyer's guide.

Back