need some info about 93 rx7 tt

supracelica32

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6
so im looking at buying an rx7. i have found one for a damn good price. a steal actually. its 2 cars actually. they are wrecked so you need one to fix another. but thats what me and my dad do for a living so shouldnt be to hard. but im here to ask what are some things that i need to know about the car and where could i find some good info on how to mod it performance wise. also, anyone know what these cars run stock in the quarter mile?

Price for the 2 cars? Pics? Location? There is more about these cars(problems/quarks) that can be posted in a single thread but answering those can help point the way

ran mine stock many moons ago and ran 13.9 on the quarter...
as far as good info.. post your questions..

so im looking at buying an rx7. i have found one for a damn good price. a steal actually. its 2 cars actually. they are wrecked so you need one to fix another. but thats what me and my dad do for a living so shouldnt be to hard. but im here to ask what are some things that i need to know about the car and where could i find some good info on how to mod it performance wise. also, anyone know what these cars run stock in the quarter mile?

do your research before you start modifying or even maintaining one of these cars. you can't treat a rotary the same way you'd treat a piston engine and there are alot of nuances to be known. there are plenty of companies with parts for FDs (third gen rx7s), me being one of them, racingbeat, mazdatrix, corksport, etc. good luck.

do your research before you start modifying or even maintaining one of these cars. you can't treat a rotary the same way you'd treat a piston engine and there are alot of nuances to be known. there are plenty of companies with parts for FDs (third gen rx7s), me being one of them, racingbeat, mazdatrix, corksport, etc. good luck.

thanks. thats why i joined up so that i can read and get to know what im going to be working with so i can do it the best way possible.

if the engines and turbos are in the best possible condition and neither has been overheated thats a great start

If you have never owned a 7 before here is some basics you need to know.

if the engine has been over heated it needs a rebuild. (possible new plates)
the only way to get hp out of a turbo rotary is the following:
a good flowing air filter
good free flowing exhaust
nice intercooler
raised boost levels
porting the engine
bigger turbo
more fuel

and most importantly.... A GREAT TUNE.. if the car is TUNED then that will make the difference in alot of how the car runs..

this is not a piston car, you cant put a bigger cam, mill the heads etc.. the only actual things u can do to the ENGINE is porting thats it and porting requires a rebuild.

you see thes videos of 10 second 7 etc trust me their engines dont last, they have LOTS OF CASH invested into their setup. and well turbo rotaries when built to race are like a firecracker with a short fuse.. they dont last long but boy they can be preaty

If you have never owned a 7 before here is some basics you need to know.

if the engine has been over heated it needs a rebuild. (possible new plates)
the only way to get hp out of a turbo rotary is the following:
a good flowing air filter
good free flowing exhaust
nice intercooler
raised boost levels
porting the engine
bigger turbo
more fuel

and most importantly.... A GREAT TUNE.. if the car is TUNED then that will make the difference in alot of how the car runs..

this is not a piston car, you cant put a bigger cam, mill the heads etc.. the only actual things u can do to the ENGINE is porting thats it and porting requires a rebuild.

you see thes videos of 10 second 7 etc trust me their engines dont last, they have LOTS OF CASH invested into their setup. and well turbo rotaries when built to race are like a firecracker with a short fuse.. they dont last long but boy they can be preaty

the motor has already been rebuilt from what i have been told. dont know what has been rebuilt yet. going tomorrow to check everything out and get some more information on them. this will be my first rx7 but my dad has had 2 or 3 in the past so he knows some about them. my plan basically is to just buy them, fix it, and sell it. although, i do plan on keeping it a couple months.

i dont want to build this car alot for performance since they dont seem to be very reliable. all i have thoughts of doing(if i mod it) is intake, exhaust, fmic and boost controller. well shall see how it goes. ill post up pics of it once i get some.

Latest posts

Back