Need some help choosing my suspension options..

I think i decided I will be going with new koni yellows off ebay(boom06)

--I Just can't decide on what springs!!!! I want a drop of about 1.5+ but I'm hearing Eibach springs only offer a more conservative drop that is i believe an inch. Any suggestions on some springs that lower 1.5 and have good reviews? I have heard mixed reviews on H&R for some reason

Last edited:
So I decided i am going with H&R springs!

One last question since like i said i am sort of a noob and all;

Would i need anything else in addition to the shocks and springs? for example dampers or camber kit etc..?

Just waiting on this info and than ill be ordering this asap! thanks

i'm lowered on Eibach Prokit springs and Koni Yellows; I scored my springs from autoanything during a rebate from Eibach ~$175, and my Koni yellows off ebay for $629. The Prokits are a pretty conservative drop, around .6 - .7 inches. I didn't want a slammed look where i had to worry about scraping on my driveway every day. The ride is very good; not rough and if you set the koni's up on the softer side, not to bouncy. I stiffen the fronts for autocross, but day to day, they're on full soft. I originally was going to drop on stock struts/shocks, but decided against it; like you said, just best to buck up and do it right the first time. besides, it can be a PITA to take it all apart again to mount new struts/shocks once your originals blow...and they will.

here's a pic shortly after installing, they settled a little more since; http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123804386-Eibach-ProKit-amp-Koni-Yellows...&highlight=

and here it is on my winter 17" setup (post 10921); http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ur-MS3-today&p=5810996&highlight=#post5810996
Hey, I just received my koni's front and rear plus the eibach pro-kit from tirerack. Any suggestions on setting up the rears for the first time ? Full soft or half to full turn ?

Hey, I just received my koni's front and rear plus the eibach pro-kit from tirerack. Any suggestions on setting up the rears for the first time ? Full soft or half to full turn ?

I have my rears set a 1/2 turn from full stiff. If i ever take them off again, I'll adjust them towards the soft side. As is, over more significant bumps, I'll get a little bounce in the rear. the fronts which are thankfully adjustable on the car, i run full soft day to day and then full stiff for autocross. In summary, I wish i had set my rear konis softer.

I have my rears set a 1/2 turn from full stiff. If i ever take them off again, I'll adjust them towards the soft side. As is, over more significant bumps, I'll get a little bounce in the rear. the fronts which are thankfully adjustable on the car, i run full soft day to day and then full stiff for autocross. In summary, I wish i had set my rear konis softer.
Okay thanks......I have the fronts set full soft and the rears 1 1/2 turn from soft for now.

as long as you are not dropping more than 1" the stockers will hold up. Cobb proved that along time ago and also reduced the track times significantly.
one inch or more you will have to consider correcting negative camber. i had cobb they were a huge upgrade

i've been running the eibach pro kit and stock shocks since about 7k miles on my car. now at 43k my two rears just blew out. i'm looking to go with the koni sports as well. reputable and ebay doesnt sound right, other than that i think the cheapest i have come across is tire rack.

Back