Need opinions : RX-8 wheels or 19" ?

Menzo23

Last week I removed my stock 17" and installed these 18" wheels. However I'm still not fully satisfied. I have three options...

1) Keep these 18" wheels (yupnope)
2) Change them for RX-8 wheels (my father has a set) (yupnope)
3) Go 19" (see pic) (yupnope)

What do you think I should do ?

Attachments

• 120-2089_IMG.JPG
    120-2089_IMG.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 121-2116_IMG.JPG
    121-2116_IMG.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 8452437-0-1235228892.jpg
    8452437-0-1235228892.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 168
RX-8 wheels are played IMO. But you decide. I would go with MS3 rims or MS6 rims, have seen both and love the look before RX8's. 19's could be hard to live with depending on who drives the car or if you decide on any suspension mods.

I won't change the suspension. MS3 or MS6 not an option, too expensive. I mean I could swap the RX-8 for free or get the 19" for a cheap price.

I suggest get the RX8 wheels, they look good on any mazda. I know that there are quite a few people have them, but that only proves the point. 19's would also look good.
Are you thinking of maybe lowering the car a bit?

Dima

go with the 19"s and let me roll your 18"s(rofl)

honestly i like your current wheels but if you can go with bigger and it what YOU want and like then go for it!

I say, go with the RX8s....they look decent...I do like the 19's but when you think about it when money's concerned tires are gonna be a pain. Mine with 19s rubs a little, I'm lowered a little on MS3 suspension, on big bumps it rubs just enough to make you rethink....I have a set of MS3 wheels chillin in my garage for when my wife says she doesn't like the 19s... or when it comes time to get new tires....:cool:

I would opt for the RX8 wheels for several reasons.

While they might be played out as far as if you are trying to be the only one with your particular car/wheel combo, I feel that they fit the character of the car.

PLUS+

1. They are Mazda
2. They are 18"
3. They are lighter than most 19"
4. Tires are a little cheaper, and you have more options.
5. Easy to find and replace if one gets curbed out or bent.
6. Your Dad might give you a good price.

I would say go with the Rx-8 wheels but maybe get them powder coated black or white. myself would do black on a white 5 like yours , I also agree with mazdadude

Thanks for the comments. Well, it seems that most people prefer the RX-8 and that's what I thought too but I wasn't sure and I wanted other Mazda5 owners opinions. 19 would be awesome but I agree that it could be a pain.

My father is going to use the RX-8 wheels in the dirty snow and corrosive salt next winter (shocked). So I will swap the tires, put the RX-8 on my car and my current wheels on his car

Sorry joeym509...
go with the 19"s and let me roll your 18"s

Just a coincidence, there was a RX-8 near my house this morning. I took a pic... Am I crazy or the RX-8 wheels look bigger than mine, although they are both 18" ? (uhm)

Attachments

• 121-2140_IMG.JPG
    121-2140_IMG.JPG
    378.9 KB · Views: 175
Design is everything. You'll notice on the RX8s that the spokes and outer rim is all you see, maximizing the effect of their full diameter. Your stockers have a lip on the inside that rides on the outermost ends of the spokes, giving the illusion that your wheels are smaller.

I guess that's why I had the nasty feeling that my these wheels are not bigger than the OEM 17" I removed...

One more reason to get the RX-8 wheels

:mad: (pissed) (cryhard) My father changed his mind after he figured out his oem wheels are very popular in the Mazda community (because of me) and he wants to keep them in order to be "cool" (chair)

Back