Need MSP Clutch Info

Pmpkinhead

Contributor
:
'03.5 Blazin' MSP (sold) ................. '14 Soul 6 GT
Pulling the tranny out next week for a rebuild. What clutch parts should I replace and what are the Part Numbers. I am using OEM Factory Parts. No after market.

140,000 miles. Original LSD was replaced with OEM LSD at 63,000 miles and I had it welded. Still works good, will know more after the tear down.

Thanks for all of the help on this Forum. If it wasn't for this Forum and the awesome tech support, I would have sold this a while ago.

With that much work replace everything there. Clutch disk, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, resurface or replace the flywheel, and rear motor mount ( just because its such a pain) I would highly recomend re thinking oem, simply because most if not all clutch kits sold are Gona be for the na protege and if you start modding it will probably slip. An exedy stage 1 will feel stock but will be able to handle bolt ons and last for a long time. Do not get off brand crap or stuff from your local parts store especially for the bearings

If you do get off brand stuff to save money I will highly recomend the f1 racing stage 1 ( do not get stage 3, they're garbage) I had one in my civic and it was great, it didn't get a break in or anything and went through alot of abuse and 20k miles later it looked new. Supposedly it's in another car making 260 whp and holding up fine, but I didn't have the car when it was pulled out or see it put in the other car eithrr its just what I was told

Thank You!

I took your advice and ordered the Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit #10807. Please update your list in case any of the stuff comes with the kit.

The Rear, Passenger, and Front MM's were replaced with AWR a couple of years ago. I ordered the AWR Tranny Mount today also.

Last edited:
When the MSP Tranny is tore down next week, will it still need 3 quarts of Tranny Fluid or will it need more because of the rebuild?

Does the Throw out Bearing come with the new Exedy Clutch?

Last edited:
Fill it till it pours out if the fill hole. That's pretty much the way to check the level of it

Fill it till it pours out if the fill hole. That's pretty much the way to check the level of it

Thanks, any idea about the Throw Out Bearing? Does it come with the Exedy Stage 1 Clutch.

If you got the kit yes, it should. If not get one through Mazda, do not use a parts store theirs are usually junk

Thanks!!! Just found out the kit comes with Pressure plate, disc, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and alignment tool. per an email response from Exedy. Also picked up 3 qts of Synchromesh and 1 qt of Lucas HD Owl Snot (man is that stuff thick). I will top off with the extra Synchromesh as necessary. Time for the rebuild!

Update: Clutch delivered, Gear Lube mixed, just waiting for the AWR Tranny Mount and it's off to the rebuild.

The AWR Complete Tranny Mount and Rear Motor Mount Replacement Bushings should be delivered before the build is done so the car gets ripped apart in the AM. Miss it already.

Last edited:
Tranny and Exedy Clutch getting put back in car.

They called and said she's ready! WaHoo!!! Now if only the AWR mounts would arrive!

Last edited:
Looks like a small amount of lube is leaking where the axle enters the tranny (driver side), will track for a few days with cardboard. Can these stop leaking over time (was just rebuilt)?

Back