Need MP3 Burning Help

Donas64

:
2002 MP5
Alright guys I've used Nero Express Ver 5.5 for the longest time and I figure it's time to upgrade. I've heard good thins about version 6.6 and even though I have 2 gigs of ram on my PC, 5.5 seems a little slow to me. What is the best FREE burning sofware thats capable of burning MP3 CD's and is light on resources? Thanks for all you help.

MP3 burning? pull out the ecu, give it to me, and then douse it with gasoline and lgiht with match!

ha... totally jsut kidding...

i use sonic record now on my pc but i never use that POS...

i just use my itunes on my mac usually...

02PROTEGE2.0 said:
MP3 burning? pull out the ecu, give it to me, and then douse it with gasoline and lgiht with match!

ha... totally jsut kidding...

i use sonic record now on my pc but i never use that POS...

i just use my itunes on my mac usually...

:) Thats was kinda funny! It's actually for my wifes PC. I use Nero but I find it an annoyingly long wait when selecting files to be burned and the Window seems to refresh my song list constantly. I knows it's not my PC cuz I run a clean, efficiently and relativly fast rig.

hmmm
well like i said i use sonic record now and it does good for me...

ever think of using like ur windows media player? just add songs to the library and make a play list... presto ready to burn! and u can save the playlist... (i dont know much about nero so maybe u can do it there too).

Donas64 said:
thanks I'll check it out. How's the interface?

Is it pretty stable?

Do you get a lot of Buffer errors of failed to burn errors with it?

on windows i use Sonic because it came with the computer, but i heard good things about cdburner xp (you could read the reviews at the link i gave you), i have a couple them on linux but i havn't tried them yet

Never had a problem with Nero..even older versions. I use 7 now and it's pretty fast. 1gb ram, 1.9ghz cpu. That song refresh thing..how fast are your hard drives? It could be just a setting in Nero.

02PROTEGE2.0 said:
hmmm
well like i said i use sonic record now and it does good for me...

ever think of using like ur windows media player? just add songs to the library and make a play list... presto ready to burn! and u can save the playlist... (i dont know much about nero so maybe u can do it there too).

But can WMP burn MP3 CD's?

I think version 10 can but my wife has 9. Oh well I guess I'll see what works

FunkyBuddha said:
Never had a problem with Nero..even older versions. I use 7 now and it's pretty fast. 1gb ram, 1.9ghz cpu. That song refresh thing..how fast are your hard drives? It could be just a setting in Nero.

I have a 2.5 GHZ CPU and 2 Gigs of Ram. I don't know my HD speed of the top of my head. It's 120 gigs but I can't remember its speed. What setting could it be. Also a friend installed NERO 5.5 for me on my old PC and I just copied it over when I built my new one. Does Nero have a free version or do you have to purchase it?

To make my problem with Nero 5.5 clear, when I'm burning a CD (specifically an MP3 CD), the window which contains my song list and the window which contains the list I'm making are very slow to switch, almost as if the window which contains my song list is refreshing every time I click on it and it drives me nuts! I'll have to check my NERO settings

02PROTEGE2.0 said:
windows emdia can be downloaded for free... any version =)

Yeah I have version 10 with it's slick black interface. But I use rioport Audio Manager for my music stuff and Nero for burning.

Donas64 said:
I have a 2.5 GHZ CPU and 2 Gigs of Ram. I don't know my HD speed of the top of my head. It's 120 gigs but I can't remember its speed. What setting could it be. Also a friend installed NERO 5.5 for me on my old PC and I just copied it over when I built my new one. Does Nero have a free version or do you have to purchase it?

you have to buy nero

yea u can download a key genorater for jsut about any program...

thats how i got photoshop... =)

Donas64 said:
Alright guys I've used Nero Express Ver 5.5 for the longest time and I figure it's time to upgrade. I've heard good thins about version 6.6 and even though I have 2 gigs of ram on my PC, 5.5 seems a little slow to me. What is the best FREE burning sofware thats capable of burning MP3 CD's and is light on resources? Thanks for all you help.

Is it safe to assume you're using Windows XP? If you are, you don't need to buy anything. XP has burning capabilites built in. Just ricght click on the mp3 files you want to burn -> select Send To -> select Blank CD (or something like that). You can then burn them. All for exactly $0.00.

Back