Need More Power!!!

bharper

:
'01 MP3 #490
so my mp3 (completely stock) has adequate power with one occupant.BUT
i drove for the first time with five people in the car the other day and i could have cried. it was like i was driving a vtec honda or something. so i need more power, torque mainly. whats the best solution for about $500? thanks kids!

The OBX header is an excellent bet, that and an intake from ebay are probably the best you can do at that price range

OR... you could buy a leafblower, and attach the blower element to the intake, but people dont do that a whole lot around here...

bharper said:
so my mp3 (completely stock) has adequate power with one occupant.BUT
i drove for the first time with five people in the car the other day and i could have cried. it was like i was driving a vtec honda or something. so i need more power, torque mainly. whats the best solution for about $500? thanks kids!

You can buy a part for $500 bucks, but it is not anywhere near a solution. Forced Induction is the only way to real HP.

Flame away, I don't care. :cool:

dude, I drive a MSP, more power..and with five occupants I feel the same way..it's how it goes when you haul alotta ass, you just can't haul ass. And even if you could, it's hard on some parts that cost more than the HP getters. Truuuust me.

getting rid of the rear seat wont do anything for dropping weight (well it is an excuse for only driving one person) but anyway for every 100 pounds you lose its only a tenth of a second off your 1/4 mile time

t-headline.gif

Back