need help with my p5 fort lauderdale

jarhead293

:
protege5
hey guys i have had my p5 since april last year. about 2 months ago it has been making a strange noise when i take off or turn my steering wheel. i think it's engine mounts but not sure. was wondering if one of the mazda gurus in my area could help with this. jarhead293@aol.com thans in advance

it sounds like 2 pieces of steel clashing, like 1 big thump when i take off or if i let the clutch go real quick.

When you let off the clutch quickly do your tires spin? The bumping might just be wheel hop. As for the steel clashing together, that might be your exhaust hitting the shield underneath the car. Does it sound like it's coming directly from under the hood? A quick way to check the motor mounts is to have someone gas the car (in neutral of course) while you watch the engine. If it really moves around then you have a motor mount problem.

clutch does seem to be giving some problems lately. anyone wants to do my clutch? i'll pay you for the job.

it's not an easy job :(

i would take it to a mechanic that is insured and will give u some sort of labor warranty

If it is a clunk when starting and stopping, possibly the front mount is torn. Take it iff any look. It is a PIA, but is pretty much 2 nuts to the frame, 1 bolt through the mount. pop it out and look. If torn, it is an excuse for an AWR mount, which is part of a GB right now.

Back