Need help video inside!

Kurbz

:
SilverP5 :D
Hi everyone been awhile since i have logged in to the forum but i need some seious help to figure out what this noise is its seems to constant at all rpms i dont feel any difference in horsepower or anything really different about the car there is a little vibration though

Thanks in advance for any help!

almost sounds like a tensioner is messed up or something very hard rattleing around in a closed area like a rock in a can. off the top of my head check timing belt tensioner, check fans, jack the car up while its runing see if anything metal is rattleing like the heat shield around the cat. doesnt sound like anything serious def not spun rod bearing or lifter so no worries.

That is the sound of a dying water pump my friend. Swap that thing before it fails. I had it happen a few months back , same sound. Not long after it started making that noise , the pump shaft failed (1 block from home luckily).

Last edited:
My water pump was changed last summer but you could be right raser x. I changed all straps and water pump but my strap squealed farely often throughout the winter and i would just rev the engine to get rid of it... it would suck if my water pump were to fail so soon.

Cheesehelmet Does the frequency of the noise increase when the engine speeds up? Nope not really or not that i can tell my exhaust cover the sound most of the time

Tweety2300 the fans are fine cats are fine theres a chance it could be the tensioner from what i have read.

Off to the garage tomorrow to get it checked out and fixed

I searched youtube for failing timing belt tensioner and im 90% sure thats my problem considering that my pump is barely a year old. It has that sam vibrating/grinding noise
Thanks for the help.
And Cheesehelmet where you at in MTL?

The water pump that went bad was less than 2 years old and had about 30k on it. I figured the same thing and opened her up and only did the tensioner/idler pulleys . Well , i wasn't too happy when I buttoned it all up and the noise was still there. Spend the 65 extra bucks for a new pump and change it while its apart. You'll be happy you did.

I searched youtube for failing timing belt tensioner and im 90% sure thats my problem considering that my pump is barely a year old. It has that sam vibrating/grinding noise
Thanks for the help.
And Cheesehelmet where you at in MTL?

North, in the suburbs :)

The easiest way to tell would be to remove the water pump belt and run the engine, if the noise persists it's probably the tensioner/idler.

lol alright raserx thanks ill probably do that
same here cheese, if it stops raining eventually i might be able to run a test

Latest posts

Back