Need Help! Thinking of boostin my P5

scooter said:
what's up

I have a 2002 mp5, which is my daily driver and i am thinking about buying a turbo kit for it. I have read some on here about what kits are available, but i am not too familiar with turbos in general. I am looking at the hiboost kit as well as the wagner kit. For those boosting already please leave me some pros and cons of your kit.

thanks

jeremy
i'm running ~7psi (make the engine and tranny last) daily driving and weekend road race track warrior p5 with the wagner kit (i was the prototype)...since you aren't that far from York stop in and visit Andy's shop (i was there just this last saturday)...in fact i'll be there againt his saturday as he is building a customer header for my wife's TSX...you can stop by then and look at his kit in my car and even go for a ride

i was just at summit the past weekend (july 10/11)...you can look at some on track pics from www.euroimage.us (select Summit July 10/11 event, then choose HPDE 2 and car #18)

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 68
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 75
jaje I appreciate the offer to come down and take a ride, I am heading to long island this weekend becuase my buddy just bought a 240sx up there and he wants me to drive his car back for him. If i am close to your area i will stop. Thanks again

jeremy

jaje said:
i'm running ~7psi (make the engine and tranny last) daily driving and weekend road race track warrior p5 with the wagner kit (i was the prototype)...since you aren't that far from York stop in and visit Andy's shop (i was there just this last saturday)...in fact i'll be there againt his saturday as he is building a customer header for my wife's TSX...you can stop by then and look at his kit in my car and even go for a ride

i was just at summit the past weekend (july 10/11)...you can look at some on track pics from www.euroimage.us (select Summit July 10/11 event, then choose HPDE 2 and car #18)

scooter said:
jaje I appreciate the offer to come down and take a ride, I am heading to long island this weekend becuase my buddy just bought a 240sx up there and he wants me to drive his car back for him. If i am close to your area i will stop. Thanks again

jeremy
You may be driving past my shop. If you want you can stop by and take a look at what we have.

The 6 psi kit is great for the everyday driver! Its simple and it works. I just had a kit put 216 to the wheels at 8 psi with a t3/t4. With the t3 super 60 at 6 psi it will give you about 175 at the wheels. With our kits there are cuting and you will not have to take the bumper off to install the intercooler.

We have a group buy going on now for our kits in the group buy section!!!

Andrew Wagner
Wagnermotorsports.net

if you are an idiot, you will buy a wagner kit. not only are they liars, but they have terrible customer service, and their products look like

COMPLETE TOTAL s***.

if you dont believe me, search around for all the problems people have with wagner.

go search for equinox's turbo kit and peoples comments on the kit. hell they are too ******* worthless to even send all the parts. they used to employ someone who is now in jail. they never respond to emails or calls. do your research before you buy.

i guess the truth hurts. ive already had someone (you know who you are you little b****) pm me and ask to help wagner "save face" and "tone down" my comments. i will not after seeing all the problems people have had with this company, and my self with communication problems with this asshole. i dont care if hes an authorized vendor or not, that doesnt mean s***. antoine will take anyones money regardless.

matthew, it really takes some cajones to openly assault a vendor like that right after he makes a post - hardcore assauly no less(boom07)

Matthew said:
if you are an idiot, you will buy a wagner kit. not only are they liars, but they have terrible customer service, and their products look like

COMPLETE TOTAL s***.

if you dont believe me, search around for all the problems people have with wagner.
if there is any COMPLETE TOTAL s*** in this thread i think we know where it comes from

scooter -

1) 3600 for a kit at 6psi is bulls***. mental addiction has a kit cheaper and nice than that any day. pm me and i can put you in contact, or you can buy mine for 1100 less and boost 8psi safely.
2) you clutch will be fine as long as you dont drive like a damn teenager. ive been on my stock clutch at 8psi for thousands of miles with no slippage yet at all. im not saying it wont go one day, but the myth that you need one immediately is bulls***.

Captain KRM P5 said:
matthew, it really takes some cajones to openly assault a vendor like that right after he makes a post - hardcore assauly no less(boom07)
vendor status means nothing in this case. jaeje or whatever can say what he wants and talk s*** on me all he wants, but im not the one who lies, tell customers its not his problem when his employee steals from them and goes to jail, and creates bad turbo kits that are shown on this site by people who buy them and have every sensible person pick them apart with the bad welds and poor designs, lack of customer service, and hell - even forgetting to send tons of parts. and lets see, more lies, and bulls*** product delays. hmm, how about the way wagner screwed craig over on the FMIC deal? yea, talk all you want, but ive already been proven ahead of time to have been right. if more people buy this s***, it will just be more "i told ya so's" for the rest of us sensible people.

HAHAHAHAHAH ... balls..... pure balls....

I personally am going with the HiBoost kit. Been around a long time, and proven by more than a few members to be of high quality. Im gonna order it later this year from ProtegeGarage. Good luck to you and have fun! I know I will.

Matthew said:
vendor status means nothing in this case. jaeje or whatever can say what he wants and talk s*** on me all he wants, but im not the one who lies, tell customers its not his problem when his employee steals from them and goes to jail, and creates bad turbo kits that are shown on this site by people who buy them and have every sensible person pick them apart with the bad welds and poor designs, lack of customer service, and hell - even forgetting to send tons of parts. and lets see, more lies, and bulls*** product delays. hmm, how about the way wagner screwed craig over on the FMIC deal? yea, talk all you want, but ive already been proven ahead of time to have been right. if more people buy this s***, it will just be more "i told ya so's" for the rest of us sensible people.
where is this proof?

List names of members on this board that dealt with Andy Wagner and his business only and not when Perfworks tried to push his side business...he was the only problem and he was quickly fired...the problems resulted around his lying and you portiong them off to Andy and MPI Nick for some personal vendetta

Now give us the proof of the kits...here's one satisfied Wagner customer...me...i own the prototype kit for Wagner...the 1st one made, the one with the 1st engineering efforts...i've had it on for 15k miles been boosting 7lbs and wheel to wheel road racing the car against other competitive drivers which is extremely hard on a custom turbo system

PaulMP3 was the 2nd prototype kit and he is still running strong but has upgraded to internals without the req't forced up on by engine failure

man i started one hell of a riot. mathew i talked to equinox and read his post on his wagner kit and he stated that the only reason he had alot of problems was because of the upgrades with the turbo and manifold. I dont know the whole story but i am not gonna make any decisions until i research more on each kit. I dont know much about the mam kit, so if you can pm me and clue me in on it i would appreciate it.

scooter

My suggestion is to stay away from the wagner kit. There has been problems with his customer service and quaility of his work latley. I know this for a fact b/c i had lots of problems with wagner.

I am runnin a custom turbo kit with the mpi tuner..and pushin 10psi on stock internals! Also i have no extra injectors or inline fuel pump.

My suggestion to you..is read up on the board and find out as much as you can before making a final decision. There nothing like rushing into a project..and kicking yourself later..for not taking your time. I know this first hand!

Chas

acidbbg said:
scooter

My suggestion is to stay away from the wagner kit. There has been problems with his customer service and quaility of his work latley. I know this for a fact b/c i had lots of problems with wagner.

I am runnin a custom turbo kit with the mpi tuner..and pushin 10psi on stock internals! Also i have no extra injectors or inline fuel pump.

My suggestion to you..is read up on the board and find out as much as you can before making a final decision. There nothing like rushing into a project..and kicking yourself later..for not taking your time. I know this first hand!

Chas
since you are not running a full wagner kit but a custom built kit pieced together then any problems associated with your car cannot be andy's fault as he did not design or install it

i think you've had andy fix the multitude of random problems with your custom kit over time...in essence if the kit you started with had lots of problems...having another shop (hiboost, mpi, mam, wagner, etc) try to fix them would only be a band aid solution

Latest posts

Back