Need help on how to clean seats...

Bijou-MP5

Contributor
:
2010 Mazda3 S Hatch
well..today morning I discovered disaster in my car.
I was too pissed off to take picture but basically my gf left coke in there last nite and temp was under 0 F.
fuxxxking....(deadhorse
and i guess coke exploded due to extreme cold temp.
I managed to clean about 70% using vacuum cleaner but I feel little sticky on the seats and it's really hard to clean the window due to stickness
anyone know how to clean seats and window?

do you have tinted windows? if you do then the coke might be damaging. but if you dont id say something like invisible glass might work.

ok have someone double check this before you do it. its just an idea because alcohol seems to work to clean of alot of stuff. that or WD-40. but all this is if you dont have tinted windows.

DE31 said:
do you have tinted windows? if you do then the coke might be damaging. but if you dont id say something like invisible glass might work.

ok have someone double check this before you do it. its just an idea because alcohol seems to work to clean of alot of stuff. that or WD-40. but all this is if you dont have tinted windows.

thanks for the advise.
luckly, coke was spread out on my front windshield. I was trying to use windex but it didn't work good. perhaps my cleaning towel is bad... I will try with paper towel

First things first. Get your car inside, somewhere warmer than 0 F. Windex should work on your windows fine. If not, then mild soap and water (warm). You could also clean the seats with the same water. Just get it a little wetter than you would normally and let it dry. After that, just vacuum. Other than that, you could get it professionally cleaned.

You're going to need to get it above 32* FAHRENHEIT before cleaning it.

Lucky for you, my mom had this exact same situation happen to her last fall. She left an unopened can of root beer in the cupholder overnight, allowing it to freeze and explode all over the interior.

I used warm water and Woolite 20:1 on the whole interior. I applied it gently with a cheap MF towel from WalMart, and dried it with another one. The stains came right out of the fabric, headliner included, and it worked great on the glass/plastic as well. Be careful on headliners though...use very little water. Just a damp MF towel with the Woolite solution will do the trick. Just rub the spot for 5-10 seconds until it's clean.

The acids in the Coke may have damaged the tinted windows if you have tint. I'd try to clean them off ASAP. Maybe go to a DIY car wash facility to do this cleaning. Hopefully there's one near you that keeps the wash bay heated above 32*F.

Good luck!

Mr Detailer said:
You're going to need to get it above 32* FAHRENHEIT before cleaning it.

Lucky for you, my mom had this exact same situation happen to her last fall. She left an unopened can of root beer in the cupholder overnight, allowing it to freeze and explode all over the interior.

I used warm water and Woolite 20:1 on the whole interior. I applied it gently with a cheap MF towel from WalMart, and dried it with another one. The stains came right out of the fabric, headliner included, and it worked great on the glass/plastic as well. Be careful on headliners though...use very little water. Just a damp MF towel with the Woolite solution will do the trick. Just rub the spot for 5-10 seconds until it's clean.

The acids in the Coke may have damaged the tinted windows if you have tint. I'd try to clean them off ASAP. Maybe go to a DIY car wash facility to do this cleaning. Hopefully there's one near you that keeps the wash bay heated above 32*F.

Good luck!

hmm...weather says sat will be aobut 32...I guess I have to wait until then.
btw, what is woolite?
thanks in advance. (thumb)

Where are you?

We've had snow on the ground for weeks. I'm not one to drive a dirty car, but in a Wisconsin winter, you don't have much choice. :(

Mr Detailer said:
Where are you?

We've had snow on the ground for weeks. I'm not one to drive a dirty car, but in a Wisconsin winter, you don't have much choice. :(

iowa ^_^ not too far away~

Did you try out the Woolite yet? You must have gotten a day above freezing yesterday right? Tuesday it's supposed to be 30*F here, so I'd guess it'd be above freezing for you in IA.

Mr Detailer said:
Did you try out the Woolite yet? You must have gotten a day above freezing yesterday right? Tuesday it's supposed to be 30*F here, so I'd guess it'd be above freezing for you in IA.

not yet... it's still cold outside. I'm just waiting for right time. :)

Back