Need help identifying stock parts missing..

Suerto

:
2003 Mazda speed protege
Hey guys, could use some help/verification on what parts are missing from this 03 MSP that I'm trying to put back together..

Did they originally come with O2 sensors in the exhaust manifold and lower downpipes?
Exhaust mani has a hole (and I've seen pics with sensors in them, and the calloway turbo diagram shows sensors there and lower down) but this one has a plug in the lower pipe bung where there would be a sensor..

Also,
should there be lower re-enforcement plastic/guard from bumper to inner fender well and across bottom under engine area?

Also,
The stock amp fuse.. would that be found in the engine bay roughly 8" down the line from the positive battery terminal built into the wiring system?
If not for the amp, what would this fuse be for?

ALSO.. lol
If anybody could take a look at the overall missing parts pic and tell me what bolts should be going into all those empty threaded holes in the intake mani and such.. The only ones I can readily identify is for the exhaust mani heat shield..

thanks again

Attachments

• overall pic of missing parts.jpg
    overall pic of missing parts.jpg
    991.6 KB · Views: 174
  • open bung hole on exhaust mani.jpg
    open bung hole on exhaust mani.jpg
    767.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 90 bend from downpipe.jpg
    90 bend from downpipe.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 196
looks like you're missing the primary 02 sensor. also looks like you're missing the plastic cover that goes on top of the valve cover.

yeah.. plastic cover for valve cover was in trunk.. lol
forgot to mention.

Cool, so it does require an O2 sensor, now once I get one in, where can I find the plug for it in the wiring harness?
I looked around and cannot seem to find an open plug, and so, was why I could not tell for sure if it utilized one or not.. When I fired it up (plugging the O2 sensor hole in the exhaust mani, it idled smooth.. )

thanks again

the wiring harness for both o2 sensors is right next to the EGR on near the manifold. should be a black and grey 4 prong connector. the black one should already be connected to an extention cable that goes to the midpipe, just the greyone should be unhooked.

you also seem to be missing the heatshield, but it doesnt matter really.

on the downpipe you can see the bracket is bent. that simply bolts to the downpipe to support it. kinda ghetto.

Yeah, it was recommended to me that I should be fine sans heat shield as long as I don't thrash it like a 16yr old..
;)

Will get a chance to look for the unhooked grey plug tomorrow, and plan on taking downpipe bracket off to beat it back into shape, after I give the headlights a workout
because its suppose to rain for another 2 days here..
lol
;)

thanks again

Yes there are both wheel well plastic guards and two under-engine shields, one for each side. There is also a useless little air dam that sticks under the front bumper that is missing. The fuse on the battery is for the stock kenwood amp and 8" sub setup (should be a box mounted in the trunk, many are missing these days). But as mentioned the only things I can see missing from the limited pics are the plastic top engine cover, a bolt for the PS pump bracket, and the stock heat shield which as you mention isn't necessary but it looks a lot better with it on there.

Latest posts

Back