Need help - CX-5 won't start

CX5_QC

:
CX-5 GT AWD
I don't get this, I got into the back seat to change a dome light for new LED lights.

Got in the car, it worked.

Popped out the old dome light, put in the new LED light, now car won't start (WTF ?!)

Is it possible that I burned a fuse ?

The car starts with the remote car starter but it doesn't seem to recognize the Mazda Smart Keys (neither mine or my wife's).

When I start the car with the remote car starter, I see a check engine.

WTF !

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I have seen others here who installed LED interior lights and blew the BCM body control module.
Did you remove and install the lights while the circuit was on?

I changed the burnt fuse and now lights are good, car is working but the check engine is still on, wtf ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the room fuse is easy to blow and the car won't start with it blown. Electronics are weird in this car. I was wiring a toggle switch for my gauges.. I actually wired it so that I could toggle the switch and turn on the accessory power (headunit etc) without even having the key or pushing the start button... I didn't even tap into an existing wire I just created a circuit interconnecting the constant (engine) fuse box) and the ignition/accessory (inside) fuse box. I rewired it but still wtf.. the cel will clear after a few drive cycles. Most likely it is just one of those 'Uxxxx" network codes.

I changed the burnt fuse and now lights are good, car is working but the check engine is still on, wtf ?!

If you complete 3 drive cycles in which the diagnostic system doesn't detect any abnormalities, the Check Engine light will go off but the code that was stored when the light illuminated will stay in memory for 41 drive cycles, then it too will self-clear. It sounds like it may have simply been a communication error due to the fuse you blew.

Always work on electrical circuits when they are not powered.

Thanks for the info!
NEVER in my life would I have thought that installing a LED light in a dome light would cause such trouble

So what is your next mod?

Tinted windows (just not sure in what to do with the front tintas i do not want to get in trouble with cops but would like 20%.

Other than that i'm looking for h&r springs used (because our Canadan loonie is worth crap right now)

I'm trying to het my friend who has a garage to get the OV tune so he could do my car but to be honest i havent figured out how that works exactly and if it's worth the money.

The ovtune is a remote tune where basically you log data with some hardware, send it data in, receive an adjusted file based on that data, and the process is repeated a few times until the tune is complete. basically you just need a laptop and the taxtrix cable

The ovtune is a remote tune where basically you log data with some hardware, send it data in, receive an adjusted file based on that data, and the process is repeated a few times until the tune is complete. basically you just need a laptop and the taxtrix cable

Seems simple enough, is it worth the pennies ?

I don't get this, I got into the back seat to change a dome light for new LED lights.

Got in the car, it worked.

Popped out the old dome light, put in the new LED light, now car won't start (WTF ?!)

Is it possible that I burned a fuse ?

The car starts with the remote car starter but it doesn't seem to recognize the Mazda Smart Keys (neither mine or my wife's).

When I start the car with the remote car starter, I see a check engine.

WTF !

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Hi!got the same problem.I cant bring it to mechanic as its holiday. Is it okay or safe to drive it?engine light is on. thank you

Check if fuse #54 "room fuse" is blown. It's located in top l/h corner of fuse box in front of battery. This problem has been the subject of a few threads over the years. This might be your problem. Also beware that is possible to 'blow out" rear body control module if light bulb terminals are shorted when changing light bulb at cargo hatch . Best to disconnect battery when changing interior light bulbs.
Just noticed you have an engine light, it may be a different problem. Do you have a no-start situation or a no -start AFTER CHANGING LIGHT BULB situation?

Check if fuse #54 "room fuse" is blown. It's located in top l/h corner of fuse box in front of battery. This problem has been the subject of a few threads over the years. This might be your problem. Also beware that is possible to 'blow out" rear body control module if light bulb terminals are shorted when changing light bulb at cargo hatch . Best to disconnect battery when changing interior light bulbs.
Just noticed you have an engine light, it may be a different problem. Do you have a no-start situation or a no -start AFTER CHANGING LIGHT BULB situation?
Yea. No start after changing the light bulb. Thanks

Back