Need Camber Kit Help ASAP (5's apart in the garage)

phdhater

:
2006 Mazda5
I'm trying to install the SPC camber kit on my 2006 5. I can't get the inner bolt out on the driver side. It's backed out all the way to the exhaust hanger butb I can't get it out. Any suggestions????? Help me please!!!

Yes, that's how I did it (exact same situation as yours -- car on jackstands, frustrated owner, etc). I got the longest or second longest blades they had at home depot and it reached fine. I tried dropping the subframe, bending the exhuast bracket, etc. Eventually gave up and bought a sawzall.

Wish I had taken a picture.

Actually, scratch that. Found a post I had made about it and remembered what I actually did:

http://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda5-43/camber-link-install-25941/

(post 9)

I had the bolt halfway out like you, I cut the head off and about an inch of threads, twisted the rest of the bolt out by hand, and then just installed a shorter one I had lying around. Same concept, different execution. The shorter bolt was still long enough to go all the way through the other side.

Twas a Honda suspension bolt, I have giant tupperware thing full of them from all the cars I've taken apart. I also pocket all the bolts I've ever yanked from the pick-and-pull. If you have a good u-pull-it in your area you can measure how long you need and probably find something real quick, it's a very common thread pitch for suspension bolts.

grrrr I was hoping it would be an easy solution. I wish I knew the secret magic way to get this f'ing bolt out.

Sawzall'd the exhaust mount halfway then bent it out of the way. Once everything was swapped out I bent it back and then gave the exhaust hanger a little tack where I cut it. Easiest way I've come across yet. Still holding nicely. My 5 drives smoother and no annoying noises from the rear tires. I highly recommend this mod and was able to find the camber kit for $99ishshipped right to me, it's identical to the spc kit.

Back