Need asap

:
2003 mazda protege 5
before i used seafoam my check engine light was not on. After usind seafoam it came on i read that you can just clear it out. Ok so i did that well i was driving and the check engine light came on again i reset the terminals by disconnecting them and holding togehter for 10 sec it worked but this morning the light came on i repeat my check engine has never been on before i seafoamed my car. I have a 2003 mazda protege 5 manual trans 2.0 car feels more responsive and nothing feels out of wack>>> very clueless what this can be??????????????????

what do you mean held together for 10 sec?
the terminals?

when i seafoamed the first time i also go a CEL, but i disconnected the negative terminal for 10 minutes and it went away.

what your going to have to do is simply get the code checked and post it up here.
do you have a rough idle or anything noticeable for the time being?

I disconnected both the neg n pos and held together for 10 sec. Researched that this resets the ecu? And since I seafoamed the car actuall runs better than before more responsive no rough idle I'm not sure what's the prob.

Yea I did all of that except instead of the PVC valve I put it in the brake booster as stated on seafoam tread on mazdas forum

do you know the code exactly? theres 2 o2 sensors and it would be a shame to swap out one and then find out it was the other

im guessing with all the carbon build up that you just rev'd out, it might have gummed up the sensor.
did you have them clear the code while they were hooked up to it?

Back