Need advice badly! Just had head gasket replaced and can't get it to start

cewoodford

:
2007 CX-7
Hello, I'm in desperate need of some mechanical advice for my 2007 CX-7 Grand Touring. Here's the story, I was driving my son home to his mother's last month in sub-zero temps and I blew a coolant hose...in the middle of nowhere...I foolishly made the decision to limp it to the next small town 4 miles away(it was -4deg and I was more afraid of being stuck with my 10yr old in the deathly cold than I was about the effects on my engine), We made it to safety but the car overheated and blew a headgasket as well as melted the coil boots on #'s 3 and 4. I got the car towed home and had my mechanic replaced the head gasket as well as machine the head etc.. He finally got everything together yesterday but now we can't get it to start. The timing was done right(all coil packs are sparking) but it still won't fire up.

Can anyone PLEASE give me some advice on where to begin? My wife's advice is to crush the car, but I've done soooo much work on this vehicle over the 175k miles I've owned it that it's become a war of attrition between the CX-7 and myself...and I'm not giving up... PLEASE HELP

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back