Need a quick bit of help

.paul

_rum & _ass
:
P5
Can someone please let me know what it says on the jack for our cars about weight rating? Mine broke when my car slid sideways and fell off the jack (boom02) and I need to buy a new one.

BTW, did you know they cost ~$170 at dealer - employee cost? So don't break yours. :)

one word,JUNKYARD!!!!

why should you get a new one when you can get one almost for free that they are going to put in the garbages anyways!

Just go to your local parts store and buy a real jack. Hydraulic, at least 2000 lbs and some stands. You'll never have that problem again. Oh yeah, it's a helluva lot easier to jack up a car w/ a hydraulic than that pos that comes with the car.

Just go to your local parts store and buy a real jack. Hydraulic, at least 2000 lbs and some stands. You'll never have that problem again. Oh yeah, it's a helluva lot easier to jack up a car w/ a hydraulic than that pos that comes with the car.

i agree!!!!!

They don't fit in that trunk compartment though...

isnt that jack for tire repairs on the side of the road anyway, its not for garage use

after my jack broke i just bought a craftsman jack and 2 stands. they ride in the trunk all the time.

isnt that jack for tire repairs on the side of the road anyway, its not for garage use
I know the jack isn't for garage use, I was changing out a flat tire in the snow and the car slid off the friggn jack.

I'm not going to buy a hydraulic jack and keep it in my car when I can buy a standard jack that came with the car for much less on e-bay or the junkyard.

All I need to know is what the jack is rated for. Anyone?

With my God like powers....

Actually I'm just kidding. It was in front of my house so I used my step-dad's jack from his rx330 to lift the car back up and mount the wheel really really carefully, since it was snowing outside.

SNOW? It was like 100 degrees here today with humidity of like a million percent! I can't even wrap my mind around snow.
Sorry, can't help you out with the rating question.

it sliding off is my biggest fear. especially ifi m under it. yikes

dude.... if you got under a car with JUST a jack supporting it, you're either retarded, or an adrenaline junkie 0.o. Jackstands cost $15, and are the right took for the job.

dude.... if you got under a car with JUST a jack supporting it, you're either retarded, or an adrenaline junkie 0.o. Jackstands cost $15, and are the right took for the job.

nono

sliding off a jackstand. i shoulda clarified...

sometimes i question the integrity of my TDM j(tawainese domestic market) jackstands...

Back