Need a new turbo or rebuild kit having some trouble

Gunna_

:
2003 Mazda Protg Mazdaspeed
So I just recently purchased my 2003 MSP but I've always been a fan. Shortly after I purchased it the exhaust started to shoot smoke out of it, like crazy amounts. So I talked to a couple buddies and they said it had to be the turbo with further investigation I narrowed it down to the turbo. I'm having an extremely hard time finding the right turbo or rebuild kit, I've heard that you can't buy rebuild kits for the stock turbo I'd like to confirm that too. Basically what I need is a turbo I can put on the car no problem because winter is coming soon and I don't want to ride my motorcycle in the snow lol any help is appreciated I'm new to the forum so sorry if I said/did something that is incorrect! Thank you!

you cant rebuild the stock turbo. but you can buy a new chra. its the center section of the turbo. or you can find a used one on the for sale threads.

Wouldnt I need new seals and stuff even if I got a new chra

No.... The CHRA is the 'center hub rotating assembly' meaning it's the sealed portion of the turbo and would be brand new... Why would you need new seals?

new gaskets or orings for the oil/water fittings yes, maybe gaskets to the manifolds. no seals needed for the wheel housings though.
you need a chra for a garret gt2554R turbo. about $750.
some people have had luck with nissan gt2560s ect if you search around. id stay ballbearing for sure.

Back