Need a new lug nut wrench

tranzformer

:
2002 P5
For some reason the one in my car has gone missing. Should I get one from my Mazda dealer or just go to a Auto Zone? I am thinking the Mazda dealer is really going to give it too me.

I think the lug nuts are 21mm. Just buy a 21mm 6 sided socket and a breaker bar.

tranzformer said:
For some reason the one in my car has gone missing. Should I get one from my Mazda dealer or just go to a Auto Zone? I am thinking the Mazda dealer is really going to give it too me.

It might be worth a try. I've been surprised so far at the price of some parts. Not quite as horrendous as I'd expected. It's service that they screw you on.

Tom03es said:
I think the lug nuts are 21mm. Just buy a 21mm 6 sided socket and a breaker bar.

This might sound like a dumb question, but will the breaker bar give me the torque that I would need to get the nuts off, or should I go with a standard lug nut wrench.

tranzformer said:
This might sound like a dumb question, but will the breaker bar give me the torque that I would need to get the nuts off, or should I go with a standard lug nut wrench.

I've never actually tried to use the supplied lug nut wrench, but a breaker bar will be longer than the supplied wrench I have in my trunk.

Longer = more torque.

Tom03es said:
I've never actually tried to use the supplied lug nut wrench, but a breaker bar will be longer than the supplied wrench I have in my trunk.

Longer = more torque.
You just don't wanna snap the stud :D

I bought the four-sided metric lug wrench - way more grip and you can use a breaker bar easier/safely. You still something to screw the jack tho'.

Back