Need a new BOSS

TimCosmo

:
Mazda Eunos Cosmo 13b (1991)
I now have a Nardi steering wheel and need a steering Boss adaptor.

With Eunos Cosmo not existing as an entity on any websites selling car products, can someone please advise which common Mazda Model uses the same Boss ?

Thanks
Tim

PS

I still need help on how to find an A/C Compressor - does anyone at all know how to do this / which one fits ?

I have a boss with the cruise control buttons on the side. I don't really want to sell it but I can talk to the place I got it from and see if they have more. It was around $100AUD by the time it got to me and that was second hand. :(

Ummmmm, I could be completely wrong on this, but when I have had the struts done at a local workshop and had the Aircon on the FD regassed, their core business is aircon and they gave me the impression that a compressor is a compressor! if it fits bolt it on and away you go! There doesnt even seem to be a part number on the compressors in the parts catalogue, at all let alone a special NF01 number designating a special made Cosmo part!

Feel free to correct me - the EX- wife always did!

Kramer

Thanks Kramer. Yes, it's mostly down to finding one that bolts on in the exact same way & having the belt fit also.

Like I say, because no one lists the Cosmo, I just need to know what other Mazda model uses the same unit. I hope Mazda did not have a unique fit, only for the JC.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks Berty. I just found a Boss on ebay bought it. This one is from a 1996 20b. I have a 1991 13b S model (no cruise), so hope it will fit.

The one I ordered (being used), does not have any cable for the horn, so I dont know how that will work.

Cheers,
Tim

Hi Frank,

Many thanks indeed for your lead regarding RX Motors.

It took several weeks to make it happen, but I have now taken delivery of a replacement used Cosmo a/c compressor.

I can’t tell if it works as yet (but I’m pretty sure it does), but I'm so very pleased I managed to get it.

All thanks to you Frank.

Cheers,
Tim

we are all here to help each other out,, we have a rare car so finding these parts does take team work,, so glad you got sorted out,, I have my fingers crossed that it's OK for you

Back