Navigation controller found on EU Mazda CX-5

Took my radio out and snapped a couple pictures. The back has 5 plugs used with 2 left open. I have red arrows pointing to the unused slots.

radio1.JPG

I am thinking the white plug that has the arrow pointing to it is the Commander switch slot. 8 pins in there, I counted 8 cables in the SM picture I posted. What's left is trying to figure out what plugs into the gray port with the arrow...

Last edited:
Is there any way to find out if the commander cable is a separate cable form the main harness? Any Euro members have some free time to take a peek?

This afternoon I took the navigation system out along with the panel with the tpms setting button. I took apart the entire navi system, I will post pictures of it soon, I did find a plug of some kind not being used, at least it looks that way. I will post that also. Stay tuned for the pictures with all sorts of part numbers...

Last edited:
The black switch is for the gps antenna
The grey switch is for the power (or touchscreen control)
The white switch is for the toucscreen control (or power) and the video output

The touchscreen control is being done by 4 wires, so i didn't recognize which of the switchs has this feature.
The grey has 4 wires
The white one has 6 wires

I will pop it out again tonight and get better pictures of the cables.

The black switch is for the gps antenna
The grey switch is for the power (or touchscreen control)
The white switch is for the toucscreen control (or power) and the video output

The touchscreen control is being done by 4 wires, so i didn't recognize which of the switchs has this feature.
The grey has 4 wires
The white one has 6 wires

Damn I would sell the unit to you for much less than 1500 if I could get my hands on the one with the live services...

Unfortunately zeal red i would not buy it...i have the policy of not buying scrap....hahaha.
No...i am waiting for an android system that apart from having a complete android system with the ability of installing apks...it can mirror the android screen to the touchscreen of the mazda's 5.8 touchscreen (and i will not loose any vehicle setting functionality)
When the dealer told me the price...i began to investigate for any option. Initially I was looking for the mazda's tomtom from USA, but now I am looking for better options

Back