Navigation - add speed limit

LawHawk

The 2013 Navigation has the great (optional) feature of beeping at me when I go over the speed limit. It has speed limits for major roads but not residential streets. I would love to "add" speed limits to these roads. Is there a way to submit them? I know it lets me report speed cameras. Will it also let me report a speed limit?

There's an app for that. As for going over over the limit, God has that covered, called the "wife".

What app? It's not on either of the Mazda apps. There is a TomTom app for $50 but I'm obviously not going to buy that for reporting speed limits.

I figured out how to do this on my own. For anyone else who comes here looking for the answer:

Car must be stopped
Navigation main menu
Services
Map Corrections
Correct a map error
Speed limit

The interface for selecting a road and section of a road is hard to use. I went to a spot close to the street I wanted to correct and stopped, and made the change there, which made it easier because it was the road/section selected by default.

I don't know whether this "correction" will get applied to everyone else's TomTom after they update. It did instantly update my maps when I drove on that road.

Does it beep once, or continuously? That would drive me crazy, since I almost always drive above the posted limit.

It beeps three times, then waits probably 60 seconds before it does it again. I actually really like the feature but I wish I could set a "tolerance" for 39 in a 35, etc. It will beep at you for 38 in a 35 which is ridiculous. If I can't figure out a way to let it "allow" speeding of a few mph over the limit, I will go through and actually change the roads I drive on to have speed limits of a few mph higher than they really are. Then, on a long trip, I will just turn the feature off.

Back