NAV map version

gtcharlie

:
acura mdx
Have had my new 2016 CX-5 for about 2 weeks now and am enjoying it very much. Can someone tell me how to tell which version of maps my NAV system is using? In other words do I need to update it? Seems like a lot of new businesses near me are not listed under the POI category. thanks.

Isn't that all on the SD card? You should be able to determine that through the "Mazda toolbox" app no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Definitely of the SD card. Was just wondering before I pulled the card out of the car if there was a way through the info screen to see what version of maps I was running and if it was the latest one. I know they update a couple times a year. Just not sure when those times are. Since I bought the car 2 weeks ago I was figuring maybe I had the most current version. Guess I will install the toolbox and take a look.

If you haven't hit 60miles yet, I'd pull it and copy it before it gets locked out.

I wish I had done that.

It binds to the system and can't be put into anyone else's.

This is not exactly on topic but at least people are talking about the nav card. I have a 2016 CX-5. Just bought a Nav card about 3 weeks ago. Bought it online as dealer wanted $150 for "installation" on top of the full $400 price. However, it works beautifully in my car. Now that I have had it about 3 weeks weeks and have driven over 62 the mile limit, I decided to update (has the April 2015 maps, but a December 2015 update is available. Followed the instructions and installed Mazda Toolbox. I open toobox, but when I insert the SD card.. nothing happens. It does not seem to recognize the card. I can't even do a backup. The computer does recognize the card. I can see it in Explorer (using Win 7 Pro 64 bit). When inserted, Windows does give me the warning "Do you want to scan and Fix Removable Disk". I get this occasionally with USB flash drives... I run it and no problems.. However, I'm a bit nervous to run this scan for fear that when it is done, not only might I not be able to update the maps, but it may no longer work in the car. Right now it works fine in the car.. I just want the update.

Any thoughts about how safe it would be run the scan disk? or even why I might be getting the error message when the card works fine in the car?

Have had my new 2016 CX-5 for about 2 weeks now and am enjoying it very much. Can someone tell me how to tell which version of maps my NAV system is using? In other words do I need to update it? Seems like a lot of new businesses near me are not listed under the POI category. thanks.

Go into navigation and than settings. It's in there. But if you need to update, go here: http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/mazdaNavigation.action Follow that link and all the instructions. It's very easy to do. Make sure you back up your current map version. It will alert you as well.

Back