My tire has cancer!!!

cyc

:
Protege5
Not mine actually, hehe. But it's for my friend's car. His tire has a little part where it's "poped out". I heard that if that happens, he'll have to have the tire replaced. Am I correct? Or is there a way to repair it?

Thanks

A bubble on the sidewall of a tire generally indicates damaged cords caused by severe impact. It is confirmed by a visible corresponding break in the inner liner. Air has infiltrated between the plies and caused the bulge.

He's changning tires in 1 month. Do you guys think the tire can though till theN?

Depends how many miles he'll put on the tires b/w now and then lol. I wouldn't recommend it tho

tell him to test it at over 110mph for some time. if he lives then go buy a new tire and count your blessings, if he dies than that tire was no good

he'll be "ok" as long as he's not going highway speeds or pushing it hard..
dont quote me because there's still a high chance of the tire giving way.
my friend ran on my belted bad stock tires for a month and he made it through alright..

hes playing with the devil if he drives on it. i must say though playing with the devil is a hoot.

replace it, or play Russian Roulette with your car. If he does not want the hassle of a blowout, repace the tire, or drive on the doughnut until a new tire can be obtained.

although donuting your car isnt exactly the best appearance mod you can do, in cases like this, id say suck it up and do it.

that s much cheaper thana ****** up rim or worse.

I'd much rather do one month on a donut than a damaged tire.

Of course, I wouldn't really do either.

discount tire gives cards to bad credit people, so thats definately a possibility for most people

wee one of my tires has a very small bulge in it that I noticed last week. :(

I don't remember if I got the Tire Rack road hazard warranty, probably not. Luckily, I have a 5th rim with a 215/40-17 Kumho Ecsta ASX with 400 miles. :D too bad it's back at my parent's house, I guess I'll just have to slap my snow tires/wheels on before I drive back home in a few weeks.

Brian MP5T said:
Blister in the sidewall... tire must be replaced..

I guess that makes sense, because if there is any blister at all then the inner wall of the tire is breached. It hasn't appeared to get any larger, but I'll get my snow tires on as soon as I get the damn broken locking lug nut off :(

Back