My ssafc only runs in open loop mode

im2bad4ya

Contributor
:
MAZDASPEED Protege 2K3.5 #882
As the title says, I need help getting my SSAFC to run normally in closed loop. Everything is connected correctly and the car is fine to drive but in idle it goes into open loop. Also sometimes when I give it gas it leans out so I'm hesitant to leave it on until I can get it working correctly. I've been using the superstock map. Any ideas? NO CEL's either.

You should have the AFC set to only run under boost, at idle the ECU is running the show.

here's my settings
SSAFCsettings_zps3b496b8f.png

also, my realtime gauges are fine, getting -21 vac at idle, but my AFR reads around 16 before it goes into open loop

Maybe your vac line to the AFC is leaking, it has to have a good vac signal to work properly.

Sorry to thread jack, but can someone point me in the direction of any thread were each function in that output menu is explained?

My SSAFC works normally now, but now I'm getting P0171 lean code. My AFR reads normally in idle and while driving, when I bypass the SSAFC the code goes away. Has anyone seen this before?

It is a vacuum leak in the line to the AFC

could that really be it tho? my autometer gauge and the realtime SSAFC gauge both read -21 at idle. the diagnosis makes sense but the gauge says different otherwise, but I'll give that vac line a look.

could that really be it tho? my autometer gauge and the realtime SSAFC gauge both read -21 at idle. the diagnosis makes sense but the gauge says different otherwise, but I'll give that vac line a look.

where are you tapped into for your vac source for your ssafc?

It sounds like it if the car is throwing a vac leak code when the AFC is plugged in

yeah, I had a tiny kink on the ssafc, i sealed it up, we'll see what happens, but now I have a much bigger issue, making a new thread right now

Back