My Red Mazda5 is not pink!

Autox MSP said:
whats the point of buying a new car and going upside down ass raped to buy another new car which is bascially the same hatchback?
That's what I was wondering, too. Or, why not trade the wifey's 3i instead of the 3s HB? (dunno) I would think that assrape would have been a little less bloody...

At least you got the silver pukefest out of the driveway!!

3i is a lease. She likes her 3i alot and likes small cars. She is a bit wierd as she loves her sedan and HATED my hatch even though they were the same car imo. So your logic goes out the door when you marry something that bleads for 5 days and doesnt die.

fam said:
So your logic goes out the door when you marry something that bleads for 5 days and doesnt die.
good point.

Congrats on the purchase. That 5 looks nice, but its no p5 (rockon).

One more thing, please don't refer to it as an m5, as I occasionally see people here refer to their mazda3 as an m3.

no one called it an m5 on this thread?
The p5 got me thinking about mazda back in my mustang days, but it was still a little boring to me until the mazda3 hatch came out and it tipped the scales for me. But the conservative p5 still looks decent today as it has aged well. I know the 5 isnt as pretty as my 3 or even a p5, not many people buy mini-mini vans based on looks, they buy it out of necessity!

the front end of the 5 is awesome, the tail should have had taillights like the mazda3 hb, then it woulda been awesome. but thats just my .02.

fam said:
the front end of the 5 is awesome, the tail should have had taillights like the mazda3 hb, then it woulda been awesome. but thats just my .02.

I think it's a very very sexy little package, compared to any other car out there that carries 6 people. :) It's not a "M5", it's just a 5. :)

perfecto:

I'm going to pick up my Platinum Silver Mazda5 Sport tomorrow night, and I didn't get the "popular equipment package", so no spoiler or side sills...my wife and I thought that it looked fine without them. I'll try to post some pictures over the weekend.

Please do, I'm very interested to see it! :) Thanks Smaria, and congrats again on your excellent choice of colour. :)

Popular equipmetn package come with 6 speakers? or 4?

fam said:
I had thought the red looked pink in pictures....but in person i liked it over the platinum silver since i had owned 3 silver cars in the last 3 years. I got such an a$$ raping (13500 for an 04 mazda3 HB worth 16k) from my trade in i ended up getting a sport instead of touring.

I just did the paperwork on a Red Sport with pop equipment package, Sunroof, and all weather mats.

I noticed that you have the popular equipment package. Did the 6 CD changer come with the 6 speakers or is there still 4?

I believe the Touring is the only model that get's 6 speakers. Although all 5s are wired for the tweets up on the door.

the_saint said:
I believe the Touring is the only model that get's 6 speakers. Although all 5s are wired for the tweets up on the door.

So is the wiring right behind the side rear mirror assembly or do you actually have to take the door apart?

I'm also planning on replacing the black side mirror covers with the cardinal red versions. Supposedly they just snap on and are $52 apiece.

If they just had a Red Touring I could have gotten all of this standard. Oh well, we're saving some money on financing and getting a nice chunk back from trading in our Pilot.

Last edited:
well the stereo on the sport doesnt have the mid as an option that the touring has, i dont think it would magically appear if you plugged in the speaker. :-( But im an idiot so dont take my word on that.

fam said:
well the stereo on the sport doesnt have the mid as an option that the touring has, i dont think it would magically appear if you plugged in the speaker. :-( But im an idiot so dont take my word on that.

So are you saying the 6 CD changer in the Sport's Popular equipment package does not have the midrange adjustment? Seems odd. I can't see Mazda using two different 6-CD head units.

I was very annoyed about spending almost as much on a sport with options as a Touring. Seems like a waste especially since we're not getting 6 speakers, Climate control and body colored mirrors. But it's my wife's car (I have a Black 3S with Navigation) and she wanted Red in a 5 speed and there were no Tourings available. My wife hated the Honda's climate control and prefers the manual controls- I'm all about the toys.

Plus my dealer was giving us a super trade-in (21,000 on our Pilot) and $1500 cash back. We came out paying zero tax and lowering our month payment by $100 over a shorter time period (2 opposed to 3 years).

I guess there has to be compromise (though I'm not big on it :))

Midrange adjustment? What midrange adjustment? I didn't know my touring has midrange adjustment (uhm)

I thought all the Touring got was better speakers all around and tweets on the doors.

you have bass, treble, and on the 3's you had mid since the tweeters were on the top of the door, I assumed the 6 spkr tourings had it too. I dunno, someone check!

Back