My Real Mazdaspeed FS-ZE 10.7.1 Engine Project

protege FS-ZE

:
Mazda Protege 2.0
Mazdaspeed FS-ZE 10.7.1 Engine Project

Hello mazda fans this is my post for my real Mazdaspeed FS-ZE 10.7.1 Project thanks to this forum 24/7 for all the info,specs,comments and SPONSORS
HERE THE PHOTOS FROM MY PROJECT PARTS MORE PHOTOS SOON CUSTOM RACE HEADER, JDM SPORT 20 ECU AND HARNESS AND MUCH MORE

Last edited:
Then it's not a real Mazda speed fsze, not to mention the fsze had a bad ass intake manifold that you don't have. You're also missing the cams. And I'm 99% sure the fsze had a 4-2-1 header not a 4-1

Not trying to be a dick but just pointing it out. It's like Honda people puting itr pistons in a gsr and calling it an itr

Relax, he's just building to spec. All that stuff looks BAD ASS and looks nice. I'm gonna brute force to spec but you have everything. Hope you get that transmission stuff sorted out

Then it's not a real Mazda speed fsze, not to mention the fsze had a bad ass intake manifold that you don't have. You're also missing the cams. And I'm 99% sure the fsze had a 4-2-1 header not a 4-1

Not trying to be a dick but just pointing it out. It's like Honda people puting itr pistons in a gsr and calling it an itr

^^ this.

Relax, he's just building to spec. All that stuff looks BAD ASS and looks nice. I'm gonna brute force to spec but you have everything. Hope you get that transmission stuff sorted out

And see above hes not building to spec. And I doubt there 10.7:1 pistons, more likely to be the European FP-DE pistons :) (which give 10.4:1 comp).

I have the jdm mani, same as the stock, minus vtcs and the black " resonance " tuner, I measured, He's better off with that custom one. He has at least a FSH9 cam at least, the exhaust one he can get for cheap. See the part number for the pistons. I have the 10.4s and he has the 10.7s, the dish is shallower on his a bit deeper on mine's. That's a Mazda racing header, not spec, but I'll be damned if it's not better. The block at least hes trying to get to FS-ZE spec, he didn't say he was making his car JDM Mazdaspeed... jeez man relax, nobody told you how to build your car or what to call it

Jdm manifold is not the same as stock. And that looks like a 626 manifold to me not custom

Mazda racing header is 4-2-1 not 4-1 you can get the same thing on eBay

And when some one says real msf fsze (200 ish made) you get a little excited until you see what he has

Well I'm not trying to be annoying either, but I HAVE both manifolds, I ported the JDM since it was so identicalaA to the stock one with those feeble ports... between the jdm egr hardware, maybe the egr routing ( I deleted EGR) and that resonance chamber it was all the same as casting goes. Had it in pictures too but that cellphone was stolen unfortunately. That mani is not a 626's either, it doesn't curve, it's runners are short and straight, and it's plenum is completely cylindrical.

Maybe in your country but here in the us we got this thing called VTCS. Someone made 8 whp by swapping to the jdm manifold with just gasket matching. Also the msf still had a different intake they didn't make 185 hp by high compression pistons

Now that you've pointed that out I'm wondering what it came off of. It looks like an oem manifold from something

try and find someone who can import the header and IM for you. then get cams from corksport

Yeah, stock it had vtcs, already said that outside of that..not downplaying it... and some other minor things, casting wise ( as in size of the ports, vics routing, throttle body diameter, TPS) is virtually the same. When u port match that's pretty much the extra power you generate. Most likely the absence of vtcs plus the port match gave that little extra along with the resonance tuning... or whatever that noise is

About that manifold, I'd say the stock part is up to a little after the injectors... maybe till the fuel rail mounting casts, joined into a circular plenum, with a fabricated mounting point for the throttle body, which appears to be the stock one, sans vtcs... which pretty much negates the benefit in my opinion... or maybe not, given the size of that plenum... maybe the small throttle will negate some of the pumping losses off the bigger plenum/short runner combination... it would starve at high revs though

Back