My PS2 is screwed!

derrick1623

'Content Monkey'
Contributor
:
'07 Mazda3, True red
for awhile, it wouldn't read some dvd's, now i can't play ANYTHING!, this sucks...i wanted so bad to play vice city this morning, and now i can't play s***!

my roommates is doing the exact same thing. started the same way to. Someone told him to open it up and clean the dust out of the inside. Now his works.... sometimes.

but, this is the SECOND one ive had, that did that...and now i'm hearing of alot more problems, since im telling everyone mine is screwed.

I have gone through two PS2s because of this problem.

In the last two years, Sony has made eight hardware revisions to the PS2. Why? Sony used an extremely cheap laser for the DVD reader. When that laser goes, any DVD movies or games will not play. The part is currently on six month back order. I have been told that if I were to send my system in for repair, it would take them well into the next year to get the part and actually fix it. They sent me a new system, which now has the same problem.

BTW - there are three companies I know of that, as their sole business, repair PlayStation 2s. Each one of them that I contacted is also backed up several months.

tis ok for me, i can still take it back with no box...i have a warranty. ill be fine.

I just got mine for X-mas too. Damn, I hope mine doesn't go out on me anytime soon. I'm addicted to that damn thing...LOL

Back