My Oil sending unit is leaking Oil

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hello everyone I just noticed my Oil sending unit is leaking Oil from the top of the engine. Does anybody know how difficult this is to remove and replace?

Pull the wire that is in the middle(top portion) of it. Remove with a deep socket. Install in reverse order.

Pull the wire that is in the middle(top portion) of it. Remove with a deep socket. Install in reverse order.

Oh ok have you done this before? It"s not as easy as your making it sound. Are you aware of how difficult it is to get a Socket on this thing? You can burn your hand trying to do so until its cool.

Oh ok have you done this before? It"s not as easy as your making it sound. Are you aware of how difficult it is to get a Socket on this thing? You can burn your hand trying to do so until its cool.

Forgot to mention I replaced mine during my oil change while the oil filter was removed. Lots of space without the oil filter in the way.

Forgot to mention I replaced mine during my oil change while the oil filter was removed. Lots of space without the oil filter in the way.

Removing the Oil filter thanks man for letting me know ill try and give that a shot. Were you able to gain access to it right away with the socket and all? How long did it take to remove and replace?

i too did mine during an oil change and it took an extra 10 minutes i believe i got to it from underneath

Yes, put the new unit in with the deep socket and plug the wire back in.

You forgot to mention to put Anti Seize on the Oil sending unit threads so that it doesn"t rust up and it stays protected better

You forgot to mention to put Anti Seize on the Oil sending unit threads so that it doesn"t rust up and it stays protected better

I couldn't remember if the one I got had some coating on it or not.

Did you end up replacing yours?

I couldn't remember if the one I got had some coating on it or not.

Did you end up replacing yours?

It most likely did have the Anti Sieze coating on it all of them do it helps protect the threads better. No i havn"t done it yet i want to do it this weekend.

Back