IMG_2126.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2128.JPG
    IMG_2128.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2129.JPG
    IMG_2129.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 156
That is some fancy s*** right there. Thats a beautiful peter...............built ya got there.

What engine is that? I had a 98 Pete with a 550 cat (yes that's hp) and it only had 1 turbo. I don't think I've ever seen a truck with 2, not even on heavy haulers?

just think how long those would take to spool in a protege...

It's a 475hp kitty, two turbo's because of the new EPA law's. When they first started with the motor there was alot of problems with oil finding it's way out of the blow-by.

Hughes412 said:
What engine is that? I had a 98 Pete with a 550 cat (yes that's hp) and it only had 1 turbo. I don't think I've ever seen a truck with 2, not even on heavy haulers?

Im at full boost 45psi at about 1500 rpm. In a protege I dont think it makes's of exhaust gas to getting them going, but could be wrong.

Breeegz said:
just think how long those would take to spool in a protege...

You would need 2 more FSDE's to get them to spool... lol

so what do you do to get to the upper gear range? do you have to like push the shifter down or something? I've always wondered, never got a chance to ask :p

we had a gravel truck growing up and it had a small piston (IE push/pull on the shifter knob) to make the switch. We had another truck (for hauling grain) that had a rocker switch, so it really depends on the truck, and when it was made.

Hughes is got it right, it's refered (?) to as a "zipper switch". You shift through the lowside then flick it up and start over.

Kansei said:
so what do you do to get to the upper gear range? do you have to like push the shifter down or something? I've always wondered, never got a chance to ask :p

Who's the goober in the second picture?
Is that the guy you have check the tire pressure or the one you make armor-all the tires?

:D

Thats the guy that plays with his bellybutton and holds a poodle while a teenage kid washes the wheels (if you haven't seen Dodgeball, you may not get this)

goldwing2000 said:
Who's the goober in the second picture?
Is that the guy you have check the tire pressure or the one you make armor-all the tires?

:D

Back