My new Xenarc In-Dash 700IDT VGA Screen

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
I want to give a big thanks to Ken (Captain KRM) at Protegegarage.com for procuring this item for me. Even know it was on back-order, he stayed on their asses at Xenarc, and 2 months later I have it! I want to note that this was a brand new offering by Xenarc, so I understand the delay. Here are the pictures:

normal_DSCF0865.JPG

normal_DSCF0866.JPG

normal_DSCF0867.JPG

normal_DSCF0868.JPG

Liyitec Touch-Screen software:
normal_DSCF0871.JPG

normal_DSCF0872.JPG

normal_DSCF0873.JPG

normal_DSCF0874.JPG

normal_DSCF0875.JPG

Here is the back of the unit. Are those bars for security?
normal_DSCF0876.JPG

I will install this thing when I have the time. I'm fixing to be busy for a while.

700IDT%20web%20-%20front.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it is spring loaded. I didn't car for it to be motorized. That is just more s*** to break!

Dexter said:
yeah, they just started shipping a week ago or so.

Heh yeah. and *already* backordered. I still got no luck finding an LCD touchscreen without damned speakers tho Dex...

Hrm. Hey Captain KRM? That in-dash xenarc you have with the dashboard insert.. it have speakers attached to the LCD or you just hiding em with the edging?

Maybe you could pay someone like Ahmad to mold you a new radio bezel so it looks flush. You going to the meet tonight? Would like to see it in person.

Why does it stick out so far? That doesnt look right at all...

Molding a new faceplate would increase the thickness by like another 2 inches...that would look really weird, to have a huge bulbous faceplate

Dexter said:
Molding a new faceplate would increase the thickness by like another 2 inches...that would look really weird, to have a huge bulbous faceplate

Or they could just mold in a gradual curve out beneath the vents but above the screen. It's the hard edges/transitions from silver bezel to black screen that make it look strange. If you smoothed those out so they curved out and matched the amount it sticks out it would give it a much better custom installation look IMO.

LinuxRacr said:
That's the way it looks. That is as far as it goes in too. :(

Hrm. The IDT700 was one of the ones I was looking at getting. Is it bumping up against bracing in the back or is that actually how it mounts in by design?

Back