My new Ride, big thx for all your help - great forum!

MEB

:
16.5 GT w/Tech AWD
The research I did from this forum really helped me decide on the CX5 and with negotiating on price! This is my first 'new' car. The last car I bought ('97 Nissan Altima, manual GXE) was in 1999!!. Bought it for 9K, sold it yesterday for $1800K. (the car was a maintenance free TANK!)

Suffice it to say, I had a steep (21st century LOL) learning curve sans new cars!

I look forward to checking back in with future questions! I spent yesterday cruising twisty-curvy mountain roads and it rides like skiing in fresh powder - Weeee!

For those alive in the 70's...you may appreciate the attached video - my gift to y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfKHBB4vt4c

cx52.jpg

Welcome to the community! I only have 800 miles on my new CX5 and it's like I fall in love more and more with my car. Yesterday my girlfriend and I decided on going to the town over for lunch just so we could take it on the freeway! Are you thinking about doing any mods? Mazdas247.com is amazing for ideas and guidance as you have already discovered..

Haha! Where's our Corinthian leather??? What IS Corinthian leather? That commercial reminds me of the Lincoln commercials with Matthew McConaughey......

Haha! Where's our Corinthian leather??? What IS Corinthian leather? That commercial reminds me of the Lincoln commercials with Matthew McConaughey......

It's probably a made-up name for some high grade vinyl. I knew somebody that had one of those Chrysler tanks. It rusted out in about 5 years although they were probably priced new at less than 10k.

Have you looked at mods?

Not yet. Judging from the pic of your vehicle (if that's yours) we're on opposite ends of the mod spectrum, ha! For the next month or so, I'll ride to get used to it as is - break it in, figure out what I like & what I don't. I'm not one to modify my cars, but for this one I may dabble down that road. If you have newbie suggestions, do point me to a good site on where to begin.

thx.

:) Frank Sinatra Edition - '81 Chrysler Imperial

..some oddball "analog" electronic fuel injection system was on this beast that was so bad many had them converted back to carbs.

FS_Imperial_Brochure.jpg

WELCOME! Just enjoy the heck out of it for the first few months. You will want to wash it every day - don't - and will notice and destroy even the tiniest speck of dirt. I when bat-crazy and wanted to keep it showroom new. That of course will fade after a while - but you will never, ever stop enjoying just standing back and looking at it. It is a great car and taking it out on twisty-turny roads is what it was built for - pure F.U.N.!! ("Core-IN-thee-AN" leather - "Corrrrr-DOOOOH-BA" - classic 70's!) Thanks for the laugh - and again, welcome. This is a great site for..........any and everything!

Back