My New Project

JKPgt96

10k RPM Probe
:
'95 Probe GT
So, I needed change. I am going to sell my Laser Red '96 Probe GT. Going to be taking some of the aftermarket pieces off of it and putting them on to the new car.

Anyway...I had a chance to get my hands on a low mile, VERY rare color..'95 GT. So I did.

DSCN0867.jpg

Drove down to Springfield, Missouri a couple weeks ago, and I bought this '95 GT. I only know of a handful of cars in this color, and I know it is a '95 only color.

The car has 84k miles on it, black interior conversion (needs seats/dash/driver door panel). There is no rust on the car, it has all the power options, no roof, no spoiler. It needs a little loving, but nothing major. I have the wheels turning on respraying the front bumper, and such.

On to the pics.
DSCN0854.jpg

DSCN0853.jpg

DSCN0869.jpg

DSCN0871.jpg

The color on this car is absolutely amazing for those who have not seen it in person. It is a light purple/blue. It looks silver in the sunlight, with a pink/red flake/pearl in it..kind of hard to show in the pics with my crappy camera.

The car needs:
Front bumper re-spray (and put back on, the current bumper is just sitting on the front)
touch up here and there
Driver door panel
A good wax/buffing
New Driver door latch
and a couple dings pulled
Motor

However, I cannot ask for more out of the car for what I paid. It came with

Hotshot slip fit headers
Hotshot Intake
SS Clutch Line
CM3 PP/Southbend Disc
Tokico Blues/Springs
RR Inserts
Harness setup for MS :)

Bought it for 600 bucks. Car was owned by Ford for the majority of its life as well.

Once it is cleaned up and running I will shoot some pics. Car is immediately getting a Coil-on-Plug conversion (from coilpacks) and Megasquirt 3 and MS3x before it gets fired up on the temporary motor.

i've always liked the probe gt's...good find for the price too. what are your plans for the car? daily, autox?

Thanks. Plans are in my sig, but they are:

12:1 bottom end
ITBs
External oiling
Elec. Water Pump
Heavily ported heads
One-off .400 lift, 250+ actual duration cams
Ferrea Valvetrain
Custom Longtube Headers
Megasquirt 3/3x
coil-on-plug
MFactory LSD
Custom first gear
Billet Cups
Direct Port nitrous (2 stages 75/100)

I plan to auto-x the car/road race it some, drag it some, just enjoy a wild street car. Car will retain its full interior, though it will have a 4 point autopower cage/harness bar. No racing seats though..just harnesses with stock seats from another car.

I have a thread about it:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123773177-My-Wild-KL-Build

John

Back