My New Jet Black Mica 2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring

AggieCridmus

:
2015 Jet Black Mica CX-5 Touring
I'm in love! I traded in my 2005 Toyota Matrix Base where the only thing that was automatic was the transmission. This is my first car that I have purchased and I don't think I could have chosen a better car for the money.

cMJOo9T.jpg

(hi) Congrats and welcome. Looks like you got an early '15 model (like mine) with older style turn signal mirrors.

Thanks! I had no idea there were different ones. Are there newer ones that try to reduce the vibration to the mirrors?

Edit: Just saw a post on here comparing the two. I like the "older" style better.

Last edited:
The Matrix was an excellent choice eight years ago. They have really become dated and Toyota finally quit making them this year. The CX-5 is completely new cutting edge technology compared to 2013 Matrix. The CX-5 has much more power, better mpg, bigger, handles better. I'm sure you will be happy the longer you own the CX-5. Congrats.

Last edited:
Looking good!

I wonder what the differences are with Jet Black Mica and regular Black Mica. Black Mica always had grey mica which were quite obvious in direct light. Practically a jet black color in sunlight. Perhaps Mazda just renamed the color and color code?

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately she's gotten a bit dirty since then so she's not quite as shiny, but still gorgeous. Perhaps Mazda thought Jet Black Mica was a better name haha. I was originally wanting Meteor Gray Mica, however the dealer would have to bring it in from out of town. Even though the Jet Black was my second choice, it was an extremely close second. I don't regret my decision :)

Although this may not be the place, does anyone have recommendations on interior/exterior car wash products, especially for the plastic trim on the exterior?

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately she's gotten a bit dirty since then so she's not quite as shiny, but still gorgeous. Perhaps Mazda thought Jet Black Mica was a better name haha. I was originally wanting Meteor Gray Mica, however the dealer would have to bring it in from out of town. Even though the Jet Black was my second choice, it was an extremely close second. I don't regret my decision :)

Although this may not be the place, does anyone have recommendations on interior/exterior car wash products, especially for the plastic trim on the exterior?

Some folks here use Turtle Wax ICE wax as it doesn't leave white residue. I use Simple Green to get off the muck, then top it off with Aerospace 303, as it's a UV inhibitor.

We have both the regular turtle was ice that you put on a pad and apply to the car then wipe off with the microfiber towel, and the turtle wax ice spray wax....even better! Even easier than the other one. Just spray it on and wipe it off with the microfiber

Thanks for the replies! I read that Optimum No Rinse is a really good product and it seems like something I would like. Is there any special care needed for the leather wrapped steering wheel?

Thanks for the replies! I read that Optimum No Rinse is a really good product and it seems like something I would like. Is there any special care needed for the leather wrapped steering wheel?

For leather, use the proper leather cleaner and moisterizer. Lexol cleaner and conditioner is very good. Recently, I've been trying out Mother's LeatherTech "moisture infusion gel cream" and it noticeably made my leather much softer than when first purchased (3000 miles ago). It has a great smell, too. I heard Leather Master is very good, I'll probably try that next.

Last edited:
Back