My New Headunit!!

hi-perf said:
well, using that same logic, why replace your stock deck?

youre not adding speakers, and youre not adding subs, so why?

i dont understand
Using that same logic, you get more power which will only get you better SQ...for a time. You also change the deck for reasons of functionality...features and the like.

An aftermarket HU can just do things that a stock unit can't...but with the right tools (an aftermarket crossover, highend LOCs, external amps) a stock deck can have as good, or better SQ. Neat, huh? :)

ps. I was just shamelessly gonna plug my speakers, which are for sale...that's why I said what I did in the first post. Just kidding...

but they are for sale! :D
(evil)

servoeyes said:
Using that same logic, you get more power which will only get you better SQ...for a time. You also change the deck for reasons of functionality...features and the like.

An aftermarket HU can just do things that a stock unit can't...but with the right tools (and aftermarket crossover, highend LOCs, external amps) a stock deck can have as good, or better SQ. Neat, huh? :)

bzzz wrong.

stock decks produce better sound quality than aftermarket decks hands down.

its not uncommon to see stock decks used in SQ competitions.

hi-perf said:
bzzz wrong.

i actually though that the new one sounded better

and guess what...i dont give a **** man, stop ruining my thread...its about my new HU being much much prettier than my old one :D

hi-perf said:
bzzz wrong.

Did you just question an audio moderator! DELETED! :D
j/k...

but I will have to toss you a bzzzz right back...but it's only a partial bzzz. Stock for stock, the SNs, amplifier sections, THDs, and pre-amp availability allow aftermarket decks (good ones mind you) to have better SQ and versatility. You can't tell me you wouldn't rather have a good Eclipse, Alpine...or...hell let's go with the big guns NAKAMICHI...deck in there for a competition system.

Even so...like I said, compo systems will have the crossovers, EQs, and external amps etc. to make that Unit sound good. It's not as simple as tossing a something together...that's why it's a competition, right?

damn that was the deck i was getting but that thing is GREEEN!!! ARRG! i need something bright blue

it sounds better because its pushing more watts to your speakers.

i am not ragging on the thread, i am telling the guy that SQ is the best when the stock HU is used, and you would be braindead to think that they would run their comp speakers off the headunits built in amp.

anyway im going to stop "ruining" your thread now.

servoeyes said:
Did you just question an audio moderator! DELETED! :D
j/k...

but I will have to toss you a bzzzz right back...but it's only a partial bzzz. Stock for stock, the SNs, amplifier sections, THDs, and pre-amp availability allow aftermarket decks (good ones mind you) to have better SQ and versatility. You can't tell me you wouldn't rather have a good Eclipse, Alpine...or...hell let's go with the big guns NAKAMICHI...deck in there for a competition system.

Even so...like I said, compo systems will have the crossovers, EQs, and external amps etc. to make that Unit sound good. It's not as simple as tossing a something together...that's why it's a competition, right?

yesh, i was sitting there with the quick reply thinking that maybe i should put in with the exception of a few high end components...nah just post lol

yeah but stock decks are good for SQ unless you go out and spend all that money for competition grade stuff. some people without that money (yet) go out and would do that.

hi-perf said:
yesh, i was sitting there with the quick reply thinking that maybe i should put in with the exception of a few high end components...nah just post lol

yeah but stock decks are good for SQ unless you go out and spend all that money for competition grade stuff. some people without that money (yet) go out and would do that.
Egg-sackly... :)

For people who don't plan to get a seperate amp and what have you and want more features will get more from most aftershmarket HUs than real car audiophiles will. I see what you're sayin'.

Hey Dreez...how much did the fokker sell it to ya fer? hehe...I said fokker. hehe...maybe I should go to bed. (headshake

servoeyes said:
Egg-sackly... :)

For people who don't plan to get a seperate amp and what have you and want more features will get more from most aftershmarket HUs than real car audiophiles will. I see what you're sayin'.

Hey Dreez...how much did the fokker sell it to ya fer? hehe...I said fokker. hehe...maybe I should go to bed. (headshake
(rofl) yes u should...and me too...

$125 shipped

yes...awesome packaging...

if he ever is sellin something else...BUY IT!!! he's an awesome seller!!

Glad you like your new HU, Andrea. I wouldn't buy one because it basically invites someone to break into your car. Not worth it. Just my opinion. :)

How'd the install go? Did you have a wiring harness adapter for the new HU, or did you have to do a whole bunch of moving wires? How long did it take you?

Changing the HU seems like a relatively intensive mod, and yours looks like a very professional job. Congrats and nice work.

eting_pro5 said:
How'd the install go? Did you have a wiring harness adapter for the new HU, or did you have to do a whole bunch of moving wires? How long did it take you?

Changing the HU seems like a relatively intensive mod, and yours looks like a very professional job. Congrats and nice work.
lemme 1st say....i have never done anything w/wires before..i was like..splicing? crimping? what in the **** does that mean??

i got the crutchfield wiring harness, and connected those to the wires that go to the deck...that way, i could just plug it right into what actually goes to the stock one....as to how long...umm, i started and finished connecting the wires during the wings vs. avs game...but all in all, it prob took like 15 mins, i just kept gettin distracted...i think the hardest part was takin the stock deck out! it didnt wanna come out!!! then i just stuck everything in, it was much easier than i thought it would be!

thanks for the compliments :p

yea that is very impressive, I didn't even want to attempt to install mine :D props to you for that

and that is a nice HU, I almost bought it from fokker but decided to go with one with sub output and controls

nate0123 said:
yea that is very impressive, I didn't even want to attempt to install mine :D props to you for that

and that is a nice HU, I almost bought it from fokker but decided to go with one with sub output and controls
hehe thanks....half the reason i did it was cuz my dad was like...hell no, u arent doing that urself....and my mom was all like...get one of ur friends to do it...i was like sheesh..no faith, ima show them... :p

hehe glad ya didnt buy it!

Dreeza said:
hehe thanks....half the reason i did it was cuz my dad was like...hell no, u arent doing that urself....and my mom was all like...get one of ur friends to do it...i was like sheesh..no faith, ima show them... :p

hehe glad ya didnt buy it!
Andrea - The next step is installing new speakers and then we can call you an "EXPERT" audio installer ;) .

Installing an amp should be easy when you're ready for your next project....more cripping and splicing. (yippy)

John

Back