MY MP5 and what i plan to do with it :)

iwanna5

i already have plans for a car i dont even have yet lol but
i have my handy dandy note book that i jotted a few items down on... so i figure id share and get any pointers that could help :)
Im going with the black and yellow theme.

-wheels and tires-suspension-

-17in hyperBlack/black/or gunnmetal rims (have a few in mind), with machine polished lip with low profile tires -undecided on brand. any recomendations?
grounding kit 1in? <----eiabach lowering set

-Cosmetics-

- jdm head lights to continue with the black and yellow theme
-hids yellow
-carbon fiber eyelids...

-engine/exhaust-

hopefully a nicely tuned spoolupracing custom exhaust cuz it sounds freakin awesome! (ask me about it :) )

BOOOOOST!!!! not in near future but i plan on it...
and the regular bolt on goodies by boost install

Interior will be kep the same after/before/during i dunno i might get some recaro racing seats :)

tell me what you think! its not too bad for a girl (wink)

iwanna5 said:
i

-17in hyperBlack/black/or gunnmetal rims (have a few in mind), with machine polished lip with low profile tires -undecided on brand. any recomendations?
grounding kit 1in? <----eiabach lowering set

(wink)

rims: - 17" Konig Holes (graphite) w/falken ZE-512s....tread is wearing down pretty low on the front, decent on the back. rims are in decent shape, few scratches here and there...they arent great or anything anymore. im hoping to get $200 plus stock wheels/tires...only catch is i have to get the gorilla locks off i lost the key.

This is from thread: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105013

matthew is parting his car and these are some nice rims.

this is FYI. post on thread if interested, don't PM him as stated in thread.

-R

you can buy my black rims w/polished lip :)

(I really need to sell.)

That being said, I am in love with ADR Kasai rims, but I'm not sure of the color selection.

resizedangle.jpg

Welcome! You are on the right track with your car. I have worked with several members on the forums buying and selling, as well as swapping parts.

This is the advice I try to give to all new members to the forum, as I remember stumbling on this foum, stunned so many others love the P5!
"Right after I got my P5, I got the intake. You have the short ram intake (SRI), which is what I have. Others have cold air intakes (cai) They are about the same on ebay, but you may also opt for name brand. I have the ebay...

The next thing I did was get rid of those god forsaken Dunflop piece of s*** stock tires. I hydroplaned within the first week or so I owned the P5. I ened up with the Yokohama AVS ES 100's. 205-50-16's on the stock rims. There are a bazillion threads about tires. These I highly recommend for rainy climates. (Bottom line, get out of the stock tires before you have a problem!) You are on your way with that..

I just got (after 2.5 years of owning my car) a Racing Beat exhaust. I got an insanely good deal on it. It is on the higher end of the pricing range, but you can score one used at a good rate if you are on the forum within the .245 seconds someone posts it for sale used. They run in the high $400 range new. There is a Mazda Sport (Mazdaspeed) exhaust which is also popular, but people have complained of droning, or an annoying sound at freeway speeds. The Racing Beat does not do that. But there are a bazillion threads about the exhaust subject too, look them up.

Then there is the tinting of windows, a stereo, springs/shocks/body kit, carbon fiber everything, etc you will see around here for sale.

Short shifter is next on my list. Kartboy makes a great one, I have seen it in person. The shifter bushings are a must. Get them no matter what. www.protegegarage.com has a B&M for only $79 and shipping right now! TWM also has a short shifter with a discount code here:http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1639737#post1639737

One more thing you should consider when you mod is a header. OBX and Ractive are the most common. I just installed the ractive, and love the HP gains.

Well, good luck, and check out the for sale section, and work with the Authorized Venders and sellers!"

hey iwanna. couple of things:
if you do suspension work, I recommend tokico illuminas w/ espiler springs. there is a blowout sale going on right now so search for it in the av sales section. if you plan on coilovers, then get either the k-sport or D2. also, a must have is the 21.5mm awr rear swaybar and adjustable endlinks(i just installed on my car), this thing is sweet.

for performance, I woould not do anything to the car especilly if you're gonna turbo it cause you'll have to take everything off again and loose money. plus, if you go NA, you'll have to spend just as much as a turbo kit and you'll only be getting like 170whp. And that is with serious work. Look at the NA section and you'll see what I mean. I would only do a CAI, short shifter, and a catback(custom so you dont spend a lot). SAve up for a turbo or supercharger kit.

ohh, as a matter of fact, matthew is selling his turbo kit with all the extras you will need for even less thatn the price of a kit w/o the necessary things you'll need. check out his for sale thread

wow thanks vindication :) lol raider MP5 lol just cuz im a girl doesnt mean i dont know was SRI or CAI or BOV means... im THE TUNER chic (wink)

You wanted tire help? I just purchased a set of Falken Zexius tires from Les Schwab. 205/40/17's and they look and ride sweet. they are Falken 386's only available at Les Schwab. Check em out.

Attachments

• P5photos 002.jpg
    P5photos 002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 95
  • P5photos 001.jpg
    P5photos 001.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 92
iwanna5 said:
wow thanks vindication :) lol raider MP5 lol just cuz im a girl doesnt mean i dont know was SRI or CAI or BOV means... im THE TUNER chic (wink)

That was just a template I have been sending out to all the newbies. There are many guys new the forum who have no idea what an SRI or CAI or BOV is. I just try to help. For you to know is a cool thing!

Back