My Mazda5 With Few Mods

i havent seen these in person. is it the replacement for the MPV? it looks sharp but kinda like a minivan. am i wrong?

jackd said:
where did you find the short antenna???
I need one.
My garage is quite low and the antenna scrapes the garage door, twisting and binding, especially when backing while getting out.
Did you replace the whole antenna or only the screw-on wip?
Thanks

ebay =) just search mazda5 (no space between mazda and 5)

Looks good, almost makes me want to trade in the P5 and get one of these now. Stupid question for you, is there a factory or other roof rack available for these yet??

Also, do these have the same bolt pattern as the rest of the mazda's, 5 x 114.3??

yeloprofan said:
Looks good, almost makes me want to trade in the P5 and get one of these now. Stupid question for you, is there a factory or other roof rack available for these yet??

Also, do these have the same bolt pattern as the rest of the mazda's, 5 x 114.3??

yea, factory roof rack available,
and the wheel is 5X 114.3

ha, not a HUGE fan of the aftermarket exhaust on a minivan, but it's not that bad I guess :)

The wheels on the other hand, look amazing! Great work!

That looks sweet.....best looking rims I have seen!! Must have cost some big bucks! She's a looker!

Don't dare call this a minivan

Very nice! Here's the real "minivan" test... On the 5, this looks totally cool, but on a real minivan, this would just look stupid. 'Nuf said.

A friendly correction...

jsgolfer said:
i havent seen these in person. is it the replacement for the MPV? it looks sharp but kinda like a minivan. am i wrong?

Yes, on both counts. First, there is a new MPV, but only currently available in Japan. Go to the Mazda Japan web sight and have a look... best looking minivan I've ever seen, but we likely will never see it in this country, which would be too bad. Second, Mazda doesn't call the 5 a minivan, and I think most folks here agree... It's not a minivan. Call it a Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV), call it a "space wagon", or if you're desparate to use the word "van", call it a "microvan".

Yes, I'll admit it the 5 has a lot of minivan qualities, and with the sliding doors it's hard to break the American mindset of what constitutes a "van" versus a car. The best qualifier, however, are M5 owners themselves, and I think most of us got our 5's specifically because we DIDN'T want a minivan. I think that says it all.

Last edited:
fucy626 said:
forgot to mention
I have my own shop, and its my company car =)
if you guys need anything, let me know(first)

Does your shop sell those stubby antennas??? If so, how much, I'd love to pick one up :)

DAN

if you mean that slit its to let water out so it doesnt get trapped and pool behind the deflector.
DeanSweet said:
me again, what happened to the trim around the sunroof deflector? looks cracked?

Looks great!

All I can hear, though, is "here's George Jetson!" when I see those things

( that's a good thing, not a slam )

Wow I hadn't seen this thread until today. That 5 looks great! Every time I see one I'm tempted to trade my Protege5 for one, but I most definitely don't need the added functionality.

And to those who are having a hard time not seeing the 5 as a minivan, think of it more like a Honda Element. I see it in direct competition with that and the Scion Xb (though the Xb is really small).

I've gotta feeling fucy hasn't been around in a while, but I'll ask anyways...

Fucy, any chance you could post a video somewhere of your car? I'd LOVE to see the wheels spinning and/or hear the exhaust note. Thanks :)

I've gotta feeling fucy hasn't been around in a while, but I'll ask anyways...

Fucy, any chance you could post a video somewhere of your car? I'd LOVE to see the wheels spinning and/or hear the exhaust note. Thanks :)

yeah I barely go on this forum. the Mazda 5 lease has been end, so I returned the car.

PS I have got brand new set of carpet for sale. PM if you are interested

Back