My low beams are H4s not H7s

mikereeze

:
2003 yellow P5
super confused as to why my low beams are h4 and not h7 like ive read everywhere they should be, is this common?

You most likely have a set of headlights from the Protege sedan. They came with equipped with H4 low beams that serve as high beams as well. The Protege5 came equipped with an H7 low beam and 9005 high beam unit. So the previous owner must have swapped them out...which requires modification to the stock wiring.

Protege sedan headlights:

51VI04uO1PL.jpg

Protege5 headlights:

417WktkhQ8L.jpg

yeah someone must have rocked the sedan ones for awhile, but the harness for low beams is H4 just swapped the bulbs and the high beams are still 9005. But i have the bottom lights in above photos, it just threw me off because i have a retrofitted set of lights and the relay harness I got for H7 and it doesn't fit, just really confusing. But maybe he just threw the stock sedan lights back on because the h4 lights fit pretty much fine with that rubber back piece.

The PLUG for the low beams is an H4 plug, however there is an adapter that adapts the H7 bulb to that H4 plug. It's attached to the base of the H7 bulb, removable plastic part.

The PLUG for the low beams is an H4 plug, however there is an adapter that adapts the H7 bulb to that H4 plug. It's attached to the base of the H7 bulb, removable plastic part.

any pics of that adapter, because my low beam plugs are 3 progs and the stock bulb was 3 as well H7 plug didnt fit at all.

Exactly that part. While the plug itself is three prong, you'll notice only two are used.

Latest posts

Back