My laser blue Mazdaspeed Protege build thread

You should be fine then because I only scrub in the back

so picked them up. fit perfect in the front no rub even at full locked turns. but my rear does rub haha. gotta play with the alignment a bit and maybe run 40's instead of 45's

Your car looks awesome , I wish I have as much knowledge as you to do the things you do to your car , I wanted to ask you .. Where did you get your headlights ??

Your car looks awesome , I wish I have as much knowledge as you to do the things you do to your car , I wanted to ask you .. Where did you get your headlights ??

Thanks! And I actually bought these from a local buddy

so picked them up. fit perfect in the front no rub even at full locked turns. but my rear does rub haha. gotta play with the alignment a bit and maybe run 40's instead of 45's
I'm running 45's to, I need to get my fenders rolled and see if that will help out the rubbing

Very nice I hope to be starting my own build thread soon. keep up the good work and love the white wheels on the blue. Used to be a honda guy and white wheels on the electric blue pearl Si was always my favorite combo.

Very nice I hope to be starting my own build thread soon. keep up the good work and love the white wheels on the blue. Used to be a honda guy and white wheels on the electric blue pearl Si was always my favorite combo.
Thanks!

Been a while since ive updated, havent really done much to the car lately. Had some issues come up last week though, cylinder 2 was misfiring and a couple more codes came up but I think it was a bad feul injector. My new one is supposed to arive today so ill be puttung that on and trying to fix the exhaust leak I have. I also picked up some new tires for the car last night for an awesome deal. Got a brand new set of continental extremes 215/40/17 for only 100$ so I couldn't pass em up. But I should be getting a few more things for the car within the next couple of months since things are finally looking up

Turned out that it wasn't my feul injector, swapped it out and the same problem was happening then I checked my coil pack and seen a little burn mark on the side of the part that goes on the spark plug. Went and got a new coil pack and the car is back running

Just hoping you can be more specific on what your idle issues were. Right now my car will idle like a champ, then suddenly I'll get to a stop light and the idle drops low enough for the car to want to stall. It seems to get worse when I use the a/c but backwards. The idle goes up to anywhere between 1000 to 1500 rpm. Any help is appreciated. Sick car by the way. What year sti is your front lip from?

Turned out that it wasn't my feul injector, swapped it out and the same problem was happening then I checked my coil pack and seen a little burn mark on the side of the part that goes on the spark plug. Went and got a new coil pack and the car is back running

my car seems to get bored and start snacking on its coilpacks. i have to keep spares in the trunk lol. tired of buying coilpacks. damn car is like a crack fiend

Just hoping you can be more specific on what your idle issues were. Right now my car will idle like a champ, then suddenly I'll get to a stop light and the idle drops low enough for the car to want to stall. It seems to get worse when I use the a/c but backwards. The idle goes up to anywhere between 1000 to 1500 rpm. Any help is appreciated. Sick car by the way. What year sti is your front lip from?

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Check on vac line connections, replace dry rot. Possibly go to a shop for a vac leak test

my car seems to get bored and start snacking on its coilpacks. i have to keep spares in the trunk lol. tired of buying coilpacks. damn car is like a crack fiend
Yeah I might have to start keeping spares to, this is the second one I've had to replace

My issue turned out to be a bad wastegate, it only did it when the car warmed up though. But yeah I agree with JDM_Pro5 id check your vac lines and then go from there

My issue turned out to be a bad wastegate, it only did it when the car warmed up though. But yeah I agree with JDM_Pro5 id check your vac lines and then go from there
I went ahead a purchased silicone vacuum hoses to replace all the stock ones. Thanks for the help.

Finally got my dg eyelids on and painted the evil-M. Just something to change it up until I can find a dg grill for sale
2013-09-01231852.png

You can buy DG grills new i'm pretty sure, I know i have seen them for sale
Yea I think street unit has them for like 250$ im not in a hurry though and I could buy one off someone for a way better deal so I figured I'd just wait

Time to restore those headlights

I've restored them not to long ago and they went right back to being foggy... I'm actually thinking about selling these and making my own retro fit headlights, I want halo's

Back