My kid can beat your kid

sgtjones

:
07 Mazdaspeed 3 Cosmic Blue
My youngest son, 9, won the Massachusetts State Championship for his wieght class in wrestling on Saturday. He qualified for the tournament on the previous Sunday at the regional finals. Then we went out by Boston for the "The Big East" which is our state finals. He wrestled in the Gold Division at 64.4 pounds. He pretty much was a wrecking ball. By the time his last match came up, he had an impromptu fan base of about 20 people cheering him on and rooting for him. This is his second year wrestling and his second State championship win. We are very proud of him.(nana)

great stuff! It's awesome he's so into a sport at his young age. Hooray kids that aren't stuck in front of a video game all the time.

Thanks! He really enjoys it. It is a lot of work and it builds character. I am all about team sports, but with wrestling, even though your on a team, it is all individual effort. You either win or lose. No shame in losing as long as you gave you best effort. Train harder and the next time you face that guy(kid) you pin him to the mat. It also requires a certain level of maturity. It is a win/win sport. I recommend it highly to parents.

He loves reading your comments also.

I got $20 that says I can take him out.

lol.

Seriously though, that's damn good.

Congrats to the lad. Good job.
I am sure you are very proud. Do you have him in club wrestling in the off season?
My daughter started on her school team last year, surprise to me, so I put her in a club and the improvement has been great. I love watching her beat/pin the boys.

Congrats to the lad. Good job.
I am sure you are very proud. Do you have him in club wrestling in the off season?
My daughter started on her school team last year, surprise to me, so I put her in a club and the improvement has been great. I love watching her beat/pin the boys.

After baseball season we are going to find a wrestling camp for him. Baseball is his true love. His dream is an olympic wrestler, not sure if we have that kind of time to dedicate though.

Back