2012 Team iMoto Thread

nope, guess i need to start friending some of these racing guys so i can keep up to date so you guys dont have to do these updates for me haha :p

lol, it's all good levi. i would hope you'd do the same for me or anyone else in charge of team threads, if you catch something, post it up. no stepping on anyone's toes ... just trying to keep all informed. (hippy)

oh i didnt mean it that toes were being stepped on, it was more meant like, i should be more on the ball so someone else doesnt have to do more work haha

but sincerely, thanks for the update as thats one i wouldnt have seen since it was posted on a drivers FB page

UPDATE:

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (May 3, 2012) – Thank You Racing Community and Grand Am!

As many of you know, my son, 22 year old Taylor Hacquard, driver of the #30 I-Moto Mazda in the ST class of Grand Am, was assaulted on the night of April 21. The assault was unprovoked and there are no suspects and no clues for who or why this happened.

I want to express our family's appreciation for the level of support and best wishes we have received since the attack. We had always heard of how tight the racing community can be but we never experi- enced it first hand the way we have this week. Everyone at Grand Am racing has been supportive of Taylor's situation and it is humbling to us to learn how many friends we have in racing. Even people we don't know have sent Taylor their best wishes. To say we are overwhelmed would be an under- statement.

We also want to thank our good friend and I-Moto Team Principal

Glenn Bochino for organizing the decals that so many teams dis- played on their cars in tribute to Taylor last weekend at Homestead- Miami Speedway and throughout during this difficult time.

Taylor was walking home to his girlfriends late that night and was attacked and left unconscious on the side of a road. He spent the next few days in intensive care and has since been released and is home recovering.

We hope to return to racing soon, but the obvious priority is Taylor's health. What happened to him

could happen to anyone. It serves as a stark reminder to all as to how different the world is today as compared to the way it used to be. You can never be too careful.

Taylor will do his best to update everyone as to his condition on Facebook. In the meantime, from our family to yours, we say, thanks very much for all the support.

Mike Hacquard

TEAM i-MOTO BOUNCES BACK WITH A 2ND PLACE FINISH AT HOMESTEAD WITH KLEINUBING AND CLUNIE

May 3rd 2012 – Homestead-Miami, FL –Team i-MOTO bounce back to the top with a strong 2nd place finish in the KIA 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

In the wet and wild, nail biter race Kleinubing and Clunie scored their second podium of the season. The duo saw Jayson Clunie forced to start from dead last on pit lane, because of an external electrical switch failure, during the pace laps. Jayson never panicked and then drove a flawless stint, passing one car after the next, and then handing over a perfect car to Pierre Kleinubing who challenged for the top spot for most of the race. Pierre said, “The car was great, the handing and brakes were awesome, we just didn’t have the speed on the straights the BMW had!” And “a special thanks to the guys on the team, who have been working their butts off to give us a great”. “This race was dedicated to our team-mate Taylor Hacquard who is recovering from a serious head injury!”

The podium finish places Pierre and Jayson second in the ST driver points lead and Jayson Monticello Motor Club Rookie of the Year Award points lead.

Team i-MOTO Mazdaspeed 3’s finished:

2nd Place went to rookie driver Jayson Clunie and five time World Challenge Touring car champion Pierre Kleinubing.
7th Place went to the California race veteran Izzy Sanchez and pro driver Tom Dyer
14th Place went to fill–in driver Chip Herr for the injured Taylor Hacquard and team owner Glenn Bocchino

The dream continues for team i-MOTO!

The race will be aired on Speed May 12th, 12:00 PM Eastern time

Special Thanks to our technical Partners for all their support: Cybernation.net, Exclusive Management Inc., Cobalt Friction Racing Brake Pads, Custom Performance Engineering, OPM, Maxima Oil, Mazdaspeed Motorsports, Cobb Tuning and Chin Motorsports Track Events

For more information: www.i-motoracing.com & http://www.grand-am.com/

7136486687_70e001bd47_z.jpg

6990401012_842b43565e_z.jpg

Last edited:
RYAN ELLIS JOINS I-MOTO RACING FOR REMAINDER OF 2012
Ryan Ellis has found a new home for the remainder of the 2012 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge season. by 5/24/2012 1 0
WAKE FOREST, N.C. Ryan Ellis has found a new home for the remainder of the 2012 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge season. The 22-year-old winner in April's Homestead-Miami Speedway race will co-drive the No. 30 Cybernation MAZDASPEED3 for the next six races, beginning with the EMCO Gears Classic at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on Saturday, June 9.

Were very happy to have Ryan on the team, said i-MOTO Racing owner Glenn Bocchino, who will qualify and start the No. 30 entry. Ryan fills a huge gap in our lineup, and were sure he will do a great job.

Bocchino is currently third in the ST standings, 17 points behind leaders Nic Jonsson and Andy Lally.

Ellis is a senior at George Mason University. The 22-year-old resident of Ashburn, Va. is also a professional racing instructor and a frequent host on CBS/WJFKs weekly In the Pits radio talk show. He won two ST races in 2011 for APR Motorsport, including a victory from the pole at Daytona International Speedway.

The return to Mazda represents a homecoming of sorts for Ellis, who rose to national attention as a teenager racing in Mazdas Spec Miata class.

In recent years, even as I have enjoyed racing success in some other marques, MAZDASPEED and I maintained our close ties, Ellis said. It was always in my mind to find a path back to that organization and Im very happy to do so with a first class organization like i-MOTO.

Ellis started the season driving for Insight Racing in a BMW 128i, giving the team its first victory at Homestead-Miami Speedway in its second season. Road Race Technologies (RRT) Racing of Sterling, Va. ran that team's ST car for the most recent event at New Jersey Motorsports Park. RRT is now in the process of restructuring its organization.

In addition to his GRAND-AM duties, Ellis is campaigning as driver of Race Car Replicas/Team Superlite Cars factory race team. He won the NASA Super Unlimited National Championship for the team in 2011, and has shattered track records for the SLC race division at every track theyve visited.

Taylor Hacquard started the season with i-MOTO in the No. 30 entry, finishing fourth at Daytona and 11th at Barber. He continues to recover from injuries suffered in an unprovoked assault near his home in Vancouver, British Columbia. The 22-year-old driver is hoping to return to competition later this season.

MediaHandler.ashx

Team i-MOTO and Pierre Kleinubing
Wins 2012 GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge ST Team and Driver Championship with Lime Rock Victory

8048798372_3384f67b7c_z.jpg

LAKEVILLE, Conn. (September 28, 2012) – The 2012 GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Street Tuner (ST) season came down to a winner-take-all battle for the championship between Pierre Kleinubing and Andy Lally on Friday afternoon during GRAND-AM Championship Weekend at Lime Rock Park presented by BMW.

The two-hour and 30-minute race at the 1.53-mile Lime Rock Park circuit was run almost entirely under wet conditions, and featured a seesaw battle for the race and the championship

In the end, that battle was decided by a scant 0.422 seconds with Kleinubing taking the race victory for himself and co-driver Jayson Clunie ahead of Lally. And as a result, Kleinubing took the 2012 ST Driver’s Championship and Team i-MOTO Mazdaspeed 3 its first Team Championship.

The Street Tuner race from GRAND-AM Championship Weekend at Lime Rock Park presented by BMW will be televised on SPEED at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, October 13.

Special Thanks to our technical Partners for all their support: Mazdaspeed Motorsports, Cybernation.net, Exclusive Management Inc., Cobalt Friction Racing Brake Pads, Custom Performance Engineering, OPM, Maxima Oil, Cobb Tuning and Chin Motorsports Track Events

For more information: www.i-motoracing.com & www.grand-am.com

Back