My girlfriend got P5 today!

SO GTI

She's got a great deal.:D

2003 Protege 5 (Lazer Blue)
5-speed
Moonroof, 6CD changer
ABS, Side air-bag
auto dimming mirror (?)

$16,500 after rebate (not including tax and such)

how is this deal??
did we do a good job?

i got my 2002.5 for $18000 with the same options, at 0%. i feel ripped off. at least there's no interest

I got similar options...
5sp, 6cd+moonroof, abs+side airbags, wheel lock, cargo tray, rear bumper guard...17350 out of door including tax, rebates, and some b.s document fee.

btw, you got a GTi? and ur gf got a P5..interesting...My gf has a 2001 VW Gti with 1.8 Turbo ...and I just got my P5 in the end of last Dec..:D In my opinion, GTi 1.8T even with Automatic..it's a fun car to drive.....

Jason

pickupjason,

wow, thats kinda funny:)

mine is 1.8T with 5-speed. yes, it is very fun to drive. :D
I think will enjoy our car life:p

That IS a good deal...got my 03 Laser blue 5 speed for $17...no moonroof, no CD changer!
She better be very happy! :D

Hello everyone. New to the board. I just got a 2002 P5 for $14,700 with moonroof (17,250 sticker). The dealer seemed ready to get rid of it, and I was glad to help out. I've have a '93 Protege LX that I now have to sell. I'll post a comparison of my old v. new car soon as well as why I chose the P5 over the Mazdaspeed. Great Board. Lots of info.

We paid $14,200 for a new 2002 the dealer had left from last year. Not many extras though no moonroof,abs,etc but that could be a good thing. There is less stuff to go wrong.

Hi everyone, new to this board, too.

Got my 03' PR5 for $16,400, including moonroof, 6 disc changer, dimming morrir, locking lug nuts, and leather.

I think 16.5 is great of you got the ABS, trac control, and side air bags. That is an expensive option i think?????

later.....

I Feel Ripped Off

I paid 19,700 (2.9% APR for 60 months) for a 2002.5 Protege5 with all the options, except wheel locks, not including taxes.

Last edited:
$18K out the door with all the options AND an extra year of bumper to bumper!

Damn! I wish the snow would melt - I wanna DRIVE!

18K OTD with Leather, Sunroof, 6 disc, floor mats abs, basically fully loaded plus a 3 year extended warranty. I bought it last august and think I got a pretty good deal except for all of the problems I have had .

Let me see what you all think of the deal I got. On Feb 4th 03 my wife and I headed to the dealership because they were offering blow out deals on the last of their 02s. I got a Classic Red, 5sp, w/ moonroof, 6disk in dash, ABS, wheel locks, chrome rims,side impact airbag, plastic cargo protector, cargo net, and floor mats. It had only 10 miles on before the test drive, and 16 after it was gassed and washed. The MSRP (and I know you should never actually pay MSRP)was $19,800 but we got $4,500 off which means for $15,300 I got a nearly fully loaded (minus the leather seats, and here in So Cal its too hot for them anyways) Pro 5. The beauty of it all is I had given up on getting the Pro 5 because our money is really tight, but how can you pass that deal up!? And lets just say I never thought I could be so in love with a car!

Last edited:
I got my midnight blue mica 2002.5 PR5 last September and paid $16,500.. it is a 5-speed with a moonroof.. I had a HORRIBLE time getting a standard in this area because of the traffic here no one wants them! The dealers only had crappy autos.. lol
I did get the 0% for 48 months so that really helps! and.. my payments didn't start until Jan of this year.. =)
I LOVEEEEEE my car!! just wish I could drive it more!! =)=)

I got mine for a good price...

...I love my Red P5...it's my baby. I got my P5 for $15,499. It had 9000 miles when I bought it because it was a demo model, like the one Mazda reps used to drive to car shows and stuff. It's a 5-speed, with cloth interior and no real special options. Sunroof, CD, etc., all the basics...the best part of that price is that it also included the extended 5-year/100,000 mile warranty. Regardless, it's the best car ever...I wouldn't trade it for anything. Er, well, almost anything...maybe an RX-7 or Supra, but thats never gonna happen. LOL. I think you got an ok deal my friend, but who cares now...at least you have the car, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Chandler

2003 brand new (5-7miles mostly me test driving it, which only took a mile to fall in love) sun,6-change, slap stick for 16.5ish plus the full warrenty for 700 and the GAP free.

*shakes fist at Chandler*

Hmm wondered if you would have ended up with my blue P5 if I had bought your red one instead.

hmmmmm.

I wonder what you guys think of this deal:

Brand new 2003 P5 (only 4 miles on it at signing)

$19k Out the door w/ 0% APR for 5 years

options: leather, autodimming/compass rearview, and auto tran
warranty: 4 years/50,000 miles

I got mine two weeks ago for $17,667 ($16,667 if I didn't get the rebate) minus the student advantage ($500). Options listed in my sig. Pretty good deal I think.

Back