My first car

Nic-mp5

:
Yellow Mazda Protege5 2003
Hi guys. i just got a 2003 yellow MP5 and i want to make it look better and make it go faster. But i dont wanna spend 1000's of dollars for that. So what i am asking you is what should i buy for my car to make it better and that will not cost me that much. And were i can find side car stickers.

I also want to know were i could find a hood like this or maybe its just a sticker..

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=yello...0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0&biw=1280&bih=732

Thanks for your help :)

pics or it didnt happen!

xD nah jk, welcome and congrats on the protege5, my silver p5 was aswell my first car..

First of all, if you want a fast car you bought the wrong one, because these cars just dont go fast, there meant more for style :p and that hood is not a sticker, someone custom painted it black in the centre, to match the rest of the paint job on the car(its black across the top of the car aswell). for a small HP increase you could get a header, and also a SRI or CAI, and if its a standard you could get a MP3 ECU, as far as making it look better, you could get the lip thats on that car in the picture which is an autoexe replica or you can get and MSP lip and a bunch of wind splitters that make it look nice too. the best cheap mod i think you could do is remove the side mouldings(if that hasent been done by the previous owner) because its free, and adds to the sleek look of the car.

Anyways, have fun with it, autocross is a recommended activity on these forums because its fun and not that bad on the car... good luck and post up some pics of your car!

-Kyle.

Thanks Kyle. Ill post some pics of my car later :) and i guess theres a place where i can find all these pieces.. if u could give me the link it would be great :)

well dont give up on speed just yet! my car is mostly stock and i can go pretty fast..... but only downhill >.<

but what do you mean by side car stickers? like a vinyl wrap?
if so, i recommend you forget anything that Need for Speed taught you.
these cars are subtle and beyond their time. if you just keep it clean and dont have it too flashy you will get the best looks...
but hey, thats just my opinion. whatever floats your boat!

I dont really know what exactly to put in my car.. for now i will buy a p-flow and maybe an exhaust to get a better sound. And about the performance chip.. I know its not the best for my car but is it that bad ??

What do you guys recommend me to buy? and if you can give me the link to the pieces i should buy or just a good website you know :)

performance chips on these cars are pretty much a waste of money...
the first mods people do to the P5 are Intake (any kind will work as long as you have a quality filter), Headers, and Exhaust.
all of these things can be found in the FS thread. All you have to do is keep a good eye on what goes up.

How should i remove the side mouldings ? and i guess the paint wont be the same exact color under the mouldings so will i have to paint it or just to polish it ?

Oh and i want to paint my hood like that :http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=yellow...w=1280&bih=732

But im not sure how to do it.. should i do it myself ? if yes how exacly..should i try to remove the old paint be4 putting the new one. Or i can pay someone to paint it. And will the new paint last for a long time or its cheaper than an original painting..If its cheap maybe should i put a Black sticker instead of painting it ? help me plz

that link didnt work for me....
but if its the one i think your talking about, then first look into vinyl wraps.
its cheaper then spraying it, and not permanent so you can see whether or not you like it.

or take it to a shop. it will come out 100 times better and will last long.
look into getting your roof black too (i would)

Ok Thanks and if I put a car wrap.. can i do it myself like with a heat gun ? and I live in Canada... Do you think the snow will affect something ? And would it look better with a carbon fiber look or with a flat black ? I wouldnt take the flat black but let me know about ur opinion :)

as long as your handy with a heat gun then you should be fine.
i dont know anything about snow because i live in LA
and between carbon fiber and flat black it all depends on your style. (i would do flat though)

Thanks alot for ur help. Ill try to find a place where to buy some and When its done imma let you know :D

Lower it, and keep it CLEAN! If youre on a tight budget dont build a $50,000 car with $100. Nothing good will come from that.

Back