My Falken Pro G4 A/S Review

fortworthmatt

:
Mazda Protege 5
My Khumo Ectsa tires were getting pretty old and the inside edge was worn for bad alignment after I did my strtus so after I got the suspension sorted it was time to get some new tires. At the recommendation of the Discount Tire guy I went with Falken Pro G4 A/S 205/50/16. I was a little weary as I could not find ANY reviews on this tire as it is pretty new but I did not want to go with a performance tire this time.

First off this is not a performance tire. My old worn Khumos handled better than this tire in the turns and there is some sidewall flex. I can't take some of my favorite turns as fast as I used to but thats ok. The ride and quiteness has transformed my car. I commute 60 miles a day and was wanting to just get a better riding tire that wouldn't beat me to death and the difference has been night and day. It is very quite and the ride is so much better.

Wet traction is very good and today I drove 30 miles in 2 inches of sleet and traction was very good. I had no problems getting traction even at starting from a complete stop on the ice going uphill. I dont think these will be a substitute for snow tires for you guys up north but down here in Texas they are an awesome all season tire, and they have a 65k mile warranty.

So if you want performance do not buy these, but if you want a better and quiter ride these tires are great!

great to hear the yokohama yk580s offered at discount in the same size suck! wet grip is horrible and dry grip is only ok. i went with continental's offered at discount as they bought my tires back (store credit) and they seem very well balanced wet grip on these conti's is great and dry grip is awesome

My Khumo Ectsa tires were getting pretty old and the inside edge was worn for bad alignment after I did my strtus so after I got the suspension sorted it was time to get some new tires. At the recommendation of the Discount Tire guy I went with Falken Pro G4 A/S 205/50/16. I was a little weary as I could not find ANY reviews on this tire as it is pretty new but I did not want to go with a performance tire this time.

First off this is not a performance tire. My old worn Khumos handled better than this tire in the turns and there is some sidewall flex. I can't take some of my favorite turns as fast as I used to but thats ok. The ride and quiteness has transformed my car. I commute 60 miles a day and was wanting to just get a better riding tire that wouldn't beat me to death and the difference has been night and day. It is very quite and the ride is so much better.

Wet traction is very good and today I drove 30 miles in 2 inches of sleet and traction was very good. I had no problems getting traction even at starting from a complete stop on the ice going uphill. I dont think these will be a substitute for snow tires for you guys up north but down here in Texas they are an awesome all season tire, and they have a 65k mile warranty.

So if you want performance do not buy these, but if you want a better and quiter ride these tires are great!

Thanks for your review! I was JUST looking at these online a few minutes ago, and these seem to be the ones I'll go with...you can't beat the 65K Mile Warranty, and your review gives me some solid reassurance, as I'm also in Texas...in Dallas! BUT, I'm from Fort Worth...cowtown is my city! haha. Thanks again!

Back