my engine is messed!!!

jimboflow

Wondering if anyone knows my issue. Just recently got an oil change with 10 w 30 (don't know if that matters) and my engine is rattling like crazy!!! i after a few revs it's back to normal. and sometimes after i go over a speed hump my front squeaks. would anyone know what's going on cause i just picked up this whip (used)

as well too my car feels like it's jerking. i'm pretty pissed. i hope i don't have that VICS thing i've been reading about.

Check the gasket on the manifold and the one from the manifold to the mid-pipe..Have you recently put an aftermarket header on or did it come with one at all?

Sounds like a rough idle, which is caused by the EGR being clogged. All it would need is a good cleaning.
always quick to blame the EGR like every one of you... hasn't it occured to you he could have a spun bearing because of a improperly done oil change?

always quick to blame the EGR like every one of you... hasn't it occured to you he could have a spun bearing because of a improperly done oil change?

This is true, but most of the time, a spun bearing due to a improper oil change would make a knocking noise, not really a rattle. Plus, if you speed up the revs, you normally just get faster knocking, not having the problem just fix itself (if that's considered normal). I'd know, I've spun a bearing on an engine before after improperly putting an oil filter on a car, and it really doesn't sound like a rattle, more like someone just knocking a door really rapidly.

What you should do is get someone to rev it up for you or just let it sit at idle (if that's where the noise is coming from) and determine from what area it's coming from. I was gonna say check your motor mounts for cracks and such, but I don't think it would make it rattle...it's sound like a rumble and you'd probably feel it.

That's all I can really tell you for now to help.

take it to a mechanic and have it checked out...could very well be "the screw", what yr is your ride?

take it to a mechanic and have it checked out...could very well be "the screw", what yr is your ride?

This is the only advise you should take. Only you know what's up with your car, everything else is a guess.

TAKE IT TO A MECHANIC YESTERDAY

thx everyone....now that you mention i just recently changed the oil on the car. now my engine light is on!!! gonna go check it out. i've also noticed some condensation under the engine cap. i'll try to check it out.

Back