My dealeship made a big mistake

:
Protege 5
Hey next time you guys get an oil change open the hood and check the cap....I had my oil changed last week and while driving it for a couple days noticed the car smelled a little oily. I pulled out of a parking spot and noticed oil spots on the ground. Called up my dealer and told them....brought the car in. They told me they forgot to tighten the cap and they would need to keep the car for a day to wash out the engine bay. I got a focus rental, oh well.

A while back, when i still had a sentra, the guy who changed my oil forgot to put the cap!!! The engines was hella loud, luckily for them, i noticed that while backing out from their parking space. It took them at least an hour to make the engine bay spotless and of course i got a couple free oil changes after that.

my last time at mazda I told the guy to watch for my neons and sure as s*** i watched him throw the lift leggs right under them and CRUNCH bothe side neons were toasted adn i just sat there laughing and they stopped and looked then had the oh s*** face when they turned to me and i bitched and moaned for 10 mins and got 4 free oil changes

Jiffy Lube once locked my keys in the car with the engine running . :wtf:

Try to change your own oil if you can....Nuff said.

MP5Raycer said:
my last time at mazda I told the guy to watch for my neons and sure as s*** i watched him throw the lift leggs right under them and CRUNCH bothe side neons were toasted adn i just sat there laughing and they stopped and looked then had the oh s*** face when they turned to me and i bitched and moaned for 10 mins and got 4 free oil changes

I hope 4 free oil changes wasn't all you got.

KYREDP5 said:

I hope 4 free oil changes wasn't all you got.

(werd) I would have gotten the money for the neons, and said phuck that to them changing my oil again! I change my own oil as well as wipe my own ass!!!

My buddy had a gas station top up his oil (company car) THEY LEFT THE FREAKEN OIL BOTTLE ON TOP OF THE OPENING AND CLOSED THE HOOD. My buddy never noticed until a few weeks later when he went to put windshield washer fluid in and saw this 1 litre Castrol bottle upside down on his engine. Unreal. (This is true - I was there when he saw the Castrol bottle)

Oil changes are easy to do. You don't even have to be a mechanic to figure it out. So ya, like what everyone else said. Plus you can buy performance synthetic oil instead of the budget stuff they probably give you.

Except you shouldn't use synthetic oil if you have less than 1,500 miles...

Yah, they're right. Change your own oil. its a snap on the Protege..the oil filter is SO easy to get to. On my miata, I always get cuts on my arm reaching in to get the filter...and my hands are little!

I'll come show you how to do it...;)

I don't trust anyone working on my car!Why have someone do what i can do myself?Now i see why! I hope they bought that guy some neon to replace the broken ones?

Should I have any warranty concerns if I change my own oil? I thought that you had to have regular maintenance performed at the dealership in order to keep the warranty valid.

-Sp

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
Yah, they're right. Change your own oil. its a snap on the Protege..the oil filter is SO easy to get to. On my miata, I always get cuts on my arm reaching in to get the filter...and my hands are little!

I'll come show you how to do it...;)

ooer I just suddenly forgot how to change my oil... derr....

come help me do it before I put in 80w gear oil ;)

Back