My 6 build

jcollins28

:
Mazda6 Touring 2014
This is my progress so far with my 6.

Hit the wheels with some Plasti Dip yesterday and I'm actually pretty happy with the results. I used about 4 coats of black and then hit them with 3 coats of the silver metalizer.

2013_03_31_08_45_54.jpg

2013_03_31_08_46_07.jpg

Decided to paint the engine cover. As you can see I ran out of time and will need to finish it up later. I masked around the Mazda lettering so I will hit that area with a fine brush. I used hi-temp engine paint from VHT.

2013_03_31_08_48_57.jpg

2013_03_31_08_49_13.jpg

Totally going to copy, lol. Sweet, great idea. What intake is that?

Last edited:
The intake is from injen. They used my car for the R/D.

Any feedback on the intake? Looks great, wondering if you feel any improvements or see any drawbacks (i.e. mileage, etc...)

EDIT: BTW - the wheels look awesome.

Any feedback on the intake? Looks great, wondering if you feel any improvements or see any drawbacks (i.e. mileage, etc...)

EDIT: BTW - the wheels look awesome.

Thanks! The intake gave an improvement of +5.27Hp and +5.38Tq. While that may not seem like much. It has made a nice improvement especially in the mid range. In manual mode upshifts are quicker as are the rev matched downshifts. Gas mileage has seemed to improve as well. Injen has said this is the trickiest car they have had in R/D. The car wanted to run rich and it took quite a bit of time to bring it in line. I know that corksport is claiming a 10HP increase with their SRI. I would really like to see a dyno plot for that intake. So far I have not seen where anyone has posted one.
Video clip
Dyno Plot
INJEN_page_1.jpg

Last edited:
Video clip
Dyno Plot

Thanks for posting. Looks and sounds great.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the latest Car and Driver, they said the 0-60 time for the 6 Sport model with the 6 speed was slower than the Accord's becuase it required two shifts to get to 60mph, however in your video you acheived 60mph in second gear pretty easily. (Don't know if there's a queston in there; just an observation.)

he is using the automatic in manual mode (not sure if the gears are any different..but maybe thats why he was able to get to 60)

or maybe they didnt rev it out when testing at car and driver.

he is using the automatic in manual mode (not sure if the gears are any different..but maybe thats why he was able to get to 60)

or maybe they didnt rev it out when testing at car and driver.

Actually, I was not in manual mode. I have a Touring model, one hand on the wheel and one hand holding the phone. (cheers2)

Back