My 1991 Black on Black Cosmo Type-S (USA)

Antoine,

Thanks for the pics! I now have a spare set of face plate and going to see if I can modify and do soemthing similar to what you did.. I think originally the bottom part is for 1 1/2 din.. So I need to get rid of that 1/2 din space.. But your guy did a fantastic job!

Thanks man...Any updates? ;)

Herblenny said:
FYI: I'm hoping to make it to Japan sometime in 2010. I'll be coming down there with couple of people I know or group of people. Hope we can all meet up. I'll update you with info.

Cool...Keep me updated man...It would be great to meet up! :D

Ps...I'm in the Kansai area (in Kobe)

Herblenny said:
Oh, I'm still trying to get in touch with RE-A about getting one of those steering column pod. Do you have better access than I do with RE-A?? I've emailed Inukai like 3-4 times about the pod and no response...

Weird...I sent Inukai an reminder email and 30 mins later he responded back. He said he will check to see if he has one of those steering wheel pod in stock.

Yeah...I believe I sent an e-mail a couple years ago to RE-A about something and never received a response...Now that I've got the Cosmo...I go through my Mazda Dealer friend...He gets through and gets the job done.

That reminds me that I saw the head dude of RE-A in person at a local Rotary Event here in Kobe last year but I didn't introduce myself...I should have...It may have helped with future orders...Oh well...Next time...;)

Any updates on the pod?

Its kind of weird to drive on the RH side.. but you get used to it. Now its almost a second nature and I think about it less and less..

I found a source to get new belts and such so I'll be ordering that probably today.

Phil

Yeah...You get used to it really quick...You have to! :D

As for the source...I asked my Mazda Dealer friend and he said they can not sell and or ship overseas...Sorry man...:(

Glad you found a source though (exporter?)...Mind revealing it for those in need of similar parts?

I have a company here in Oz make belts specifically to suit the Cosmo in the correct colours too. They are called Autoliv. Melbourne, Australia.

If you are interested in them then I'll track down the part numbers for you. They made both front & rear "Lap-sash" belts.

REgards

Can you confirm if the rear strut bar from Okuyama (same company who makes the front one you see on a lot of ECs) requires removing the rear seat belts? I have the rear strut bar but have not checked or installed it yet...I should open the box and confirm...:)

Thanks for the info, Dave!

I like the car but, I have to ask, what kind of gas mileage do you get with a 300+ HP rotary?

Trust me...If you're truly enjoying driving a 300+HP Rotary...You won't care what mileage your getting...At least until you're stationary and watching the digits climb on the pump as you fill your tank...But hell man...We're talking about a HI-PO Rotary...You've got to "Pay2Play" as I like to say...:)

It's no prius but damn it...That's a good thing! (rockon)

Engine from that car is going into an REPU. It should be an interesting car/truck.

REPU are definitely cool but I'm oldschool...The 20B belongs in the Eunos Cosmo...Even in race form...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8wAdvM9OaI (laugh)

IMG_3023-MF.jpg

IMG_3027-MF.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwluU05WVcY (laugh)

Beautiful Cosmo I wish I could find out how to get one legalized here in the states. I would like a bone stock one. I see them in Canada

I have a company here in Oz make belts specifically to suit the Cosmo in the correct colours too. They are called Autoliv. Melbourne, Australia.

If you are interested in them then I'll track down the part numbers for you. They made both front & rear "Lap-sash" belts.

You can see the custom brackets at the top of the pic in this shot below.

jces100190s.jpg

This shot below shows the custom "Type-E" buckle installed

JCESE100972c.jpg

This shot below shows the custom "Type-S" buckle installed

JCES100309e.jpg

This shot below shows the custom colouring of the Type-S belts installed.

JC3SE102737d.jpg

Autoliv manufactured belts & buckles for DMRH 10 per order. THis brought the price down to near $300 per set (4x belts). Individual orders ment the pricing was near $600 per set.

REgards
you realize takata and autoliv are mazda's OEM seat belt suppliers right?

autoliv is also one of the largest airbag/seat belt makers in the world :)

Quick update..

I have a photoshoot of the Cosmo and my FD in next couple of weeks for a major import magazine here in USA. So, I'm busy getting some stuff done before hand..

I guess I should show off my FD just in case some of you haven't seen it :) Here are few pics.

final7.jpg

final6.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

final3.jpg

I'm redoing some engine bay stuff, put in the BNR stage 3s, put in all my FEED stuff, etc on the FD..

For the 20B, I've ordered $1000 worth of OEM stuff such as the 3 rotor badges, weather strips, belts, etc.

I've also sent in my spare set of 20B UIM, TB, pipings, etc to get powdercoated glossy black. Just to keep it clean and also be slightly unique. A good friend and great engine builder, Kevin Landers from Rotary Resurrection is doing the work for me (www.RotaryResurrection.com).

Here are sample pics of the UIM. I'll post all the parts when I get it this week.

DSCF4543.jpg

DSCF4545.jpg

DSCF4546.jpg

I forgot to mention... The RX8 seat conversion was a total failure. It could of worked but the RX8 seat width was bit wider that I expected. So, I've decided to install the seats into my RX3 instead... I just wished I had more time and MONEY! :)

Last edited:
I guess you could get it painted.. But I think powder coating is worth the money as its more durable. I've painted stuff back when and I always regretted!

The manifold looks great in black... I'm tempted to paint mine now

(werd)

I guess you could get it painted.. But I think powder coating is worth the money as its more durable. I've painted stuff back when and I always regretted!

I need to find a local powder coating outfit in Japan!

I got my NEW Cosmo parts today..

new door rubbers, badges, gaskets, etc..

Cosmoparts1.jpg

Cosmoparts2.jpg

Cosmoparts3.jpg

Cosmoparts4.jpg

Nice! (2thumbs)...Unfortunately, new stock parts for the EC are becoming increasingly rare! :(

Here is a picture of the Cosmo when I first got it and with the Forgeline wheels

Cosmodeck.jpg

Nice...(thumb)

I really want a Cosmo. I need to do some resaerch on maybe getting one registered.

I know how you feel...Once I realized that the Eunos Cosmo was my vehicle of choice...The desire to obtain one grew stronger and stonger and now that I own one...I love it! :D

Yesterday, I got a chance to take my car to 'Porsche 250' @ Barber Motorsport Park... and got a chance to part it in front of Speed Source tent. The driver Sylvain Tremblay saw my car and told me how unique it was and told one of the crew, "That's where 3 Rotor comes from".

They gave me a special tour of their facility and their new cars.

Anyhow, I claybar the car and double wax the cosmo and install the badges..

cosmo2.jpg

Hope Dave sees this..

This is the vin tag from my front clip

attachment.php

Any info would be appreciated..

The engine code was A 347

Attachments

• Frontclip Cosmo Vin1.jpg
    Frontclip Cosmo Vin1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,015
Ask & you shall receive.......(drive)

Your Cosmo "front-cut" birthday was.

JCESE-101204 = 29-MAY-90

Engine build : A347 says its engine 1347 matching car 1204 making it the original engine from that car.

REgards

Thanks!

One more..

Do you know of any company that makes aftermarket exhaust systems for the cosmo? I'm either looking for one that's already made or make it custom... Just wanted to see if you knew of a good reputable company..

"That's where 3 Rotor comes from".

(mswerd)

Thanks!

One more..

Do you know of any company that makes aftermarket exhaust systems for the cosmo? I'm either looking for one that's already made or make it custom... Just wanted to see if you knew of a good reputable company..

Fujitsubo http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/product01.php?no=760-44031

When I was searching for an EC to buy...I came across one that had the above exhaust (ain't cheap).

I've got the MAZDASPEED one that I'm pretty sure has been off the market for years now...AutoExe & FEED may have made exhaust parts for the EC but those have been off the market for years now as well...:(

Your best bet may be a custom setup...?

Back