My 100 mile old CX-9 has its first issue :(

bolido

Well....it seems that my 2011 CX-9 has an issue already. When I picked up the car this past Sat the fuel gauge needle was only showing 3/4 full. It was late so I picked up the car and drove back home. Today I bring the car in to the dealer so that they could fix some scratches and fill up my tank. When they return the car I see that the needle is still showing 3/4 tank full. The salesman is sure that the tank was filled up, so I need to schedule a time so the tech can take a look at my car. It's still early so I don't know if the gas tank is actually full, but the needle is only showing 3/4 or if the gas pump is only filling up the gas tank up to 3/4. Once thing is that the trip computer showed a range of 320miles after the tank was "filled up". Anybody heard of this issue before?

Did you try scheduling a trip to the gas station and attempt to fill it up yourself to see?

LOL, this would be my suggestion too. Might save yourself the hassle of having to deal with the dealership.

If this is not the case, then I have not seen an issue with the needle as of yet either.

I have been here for 3+ years. This is the 1st fuel gauge issue I have seen....
Try basic debugging yourself before going to the dealers.

yeah I'll try that filling up the car this weekend. The service advisor did say that he has never seen this issue before. The gas pump is shared between 4 dealers so I would be surprised if something is wrong with it and nobody has found out.

When an employee at a car dealership gives you information, multiply it times .5, subtract .3, round down another 1/10th, then go somewhere else to confirm that employee got it at least 10% right.

You can quote me on that.

No offense bolido, but this thread gave me a chuckle after a rough day at work. :)

:)

Only because I've done similar things myself!

When an employee at a car dealership gives you information, multiply it times .5, subtract .3, round down another 1/10th, then go somewhere else to confirm that employee got it at least 10% right.

You can quote me on that.

Done, and you are correct with your math.

Back