Muohio, how did that replacement sub work out for you?

mattybo

Potential Scammer!
:
2003.5 MSP
I remember you saying that you got a 8W3v2, did it work out for you without any problems?

I got one and it works great, sounds better, the bass is a little tighter and fits in the stock sub box with no problems. I highly reccomend buying one.

I got one too, it is a definite improvement. I am going to build a better box that will go in the stock location when I have the time.

question, did you guys remount the amp in a different and proper way instead of leaving it upside down or is the amp mounting okay for that sub?

I opted for the 8w3v0. My audio guy said the stock mounting for the amp should be fine, but to keep an eye on it. He said if it seems to be getting too hot, I could mount a cooling fan to the amp. So far, I've had no issues. That may be because I went with the 8w3v0 instead of the 8w3v2. He said I really would be wasting money on the v2, because it really needs more power than the amp could cleanly produce. I took his word on it, because the v2 was 2x the price of the v0. Plus, I didn't have to bridge it...just swapped out the crap Kenwood. BIG difference.

mspdfreak said:
I opted for the 8w3v0. My audio guy said the stock mounting for the amp should be fine, but to keep an eye on it. He said if it seems to be getting too hot, I could mount a cooling fan to the amp. So far, I've had no issues. That may be because I went with the 8w3v0 instead of the 8w3v2. He said I really would be wasting money on the v2, because it really needs more power than the amp could cleanly produce. I took his word on it, because the v2 was 2x the price of the v0. Plus, I didn't have to bridge it...just swapped out the crap Kenwood. BIG difference.

hmm makes me wonder if i should go with the v0 also...

The local shops around here are having a hard time getting one in so I've diverted my money to other things like Unichip and exhaust :)

Back